Friday, June 09, 2006

A week in review.

I have observed...

that people who describe themselves as hilarious rarely are.

that no matter how hard I try, I am unable to take myself seriously. I don't believe a word I say.

that there appears to be some direct correlation between ultra-high IQ and psychoses.
Say, do you think I could get government funding to do a study?
And some of you psychotic freaks smart asses brilliant people to volunteer?

that certain people whom you would assume to be the most well-mannered and thoughtful...aren't. It is astonishing to me.

that even as an adult, when you (and by you I don't mean you personally, I mean that other guy) start hanging out (and/or trying to curry favor) with the "popular" people, you tend forget about those who loved you before anyone else knew you existed. Sad.Sad.Sad.

that there are some of you (and by you I mean you) for whom I would give up a kidney. Maybe even a lung (aren't you glad I quit smoking?).

that the little things still matter the most.

that sometimes a simple 'thank you!' coupled with a smiley face :) goes a long way.

that people who don't follow through with tasks and promises are extremely trying to my patience. I include myself in that particular group of 'people'.

that I feel guilty when I disappoint you...but perhaps your expectations were just too high.

that (s)he who smelt it dealt it.

that if people were less critical and judgmental and more understanding of each other's quirks and eccentricities, I wouldn't be so pissed off all the time.

that people still have the power to surprise me in a good way.

that someone I thought was curmudgeonly is, in truth, sort of marshmallowy inside.
Like a campfire-roasted marshmallow: all burnt & crusty on the outside, filled with sweet gooey goodness.
I like that about you. And I promise I'll never tell~the secret is safe with me. To the grave.

that the Proverb which reminds us "a soft answer turneth away wrath" almost always works.

that I miss my pretend boyfriend Norman (The Blogger Formerly Known As The Author Of Espresso Sarcasm)

that if you don't know me by now...you will never never never know me...ooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOooo


Sometimes I don't leave comments because if I did, it would only be to point out the...ironies...when you criticize all the things you dislike, and call it something else when you do those things.
Somehow I don't think it would be conducive to a continuation of our friendship.


**I have been moving my Bloglines subscriptions to "private"...so if you don't see my name on your subscribers list it's only because I've gone into hiding.


And YOU who took me off your bloglines feed...don't think I don't know who you are.
Because I do.
But I love you still, because you take my breath away with your writing. :)


If I win the Powerball on Saturday, then I will begin my journey to visit each and every one of you, and I will drop in unannounced.
Please have coffee. I don't care if you have dirty underwear on the floor and dirty dishes in the sink~it will make me feel right at home.

Does it frighten you that I know where you live?
Maybe it should.
Is all I'm sayin'.


That is all.
Have a weekend.

No comments: