Monday, June 19, 2006

Sometimes Life Kicks You In The Head

Advice of the day...

Instead of bitching, count your blessings and be thankful for what you've got. It could be worse.


So I get to work this morning, only to discover that the router for our computers is broken so that we can't work.
Then a note from my boss~she's in the hole with her business and beginning on July 1, she's closing the doors for a minimum 6 week 'hiatus' so that she can dig herself out.

Okay then.

A note for me: "Sorry I couldn't be there, *daughter* had an appointment this morning. Call me!"

What I should have done: Absorb the information, let it settle for a little bit, turn it over in my mind a couple of times, take a deep breath or two, then call her.

What I did: Called my boss immediately while I was still shocky and unsettled from the information, had an emotional breakdown coupled with a small anxiety attack and made a blubbering idiot out of myself, with the added bonus of making both her AND myself feel even worse about the whole fucking mess.

Go me.
I'm so cool.

So I get to come home a mere thirty minutes after arriving at work (but hoo-ah, I get reimbursed for my gas), and try to accomodate combat a rising (lowering?) feeling of depression by taking a three hour nap which has left me unrested, logy, and slightly headachy.

Some days, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.


Seriously, if there's a Sugar Daddy out there just waiting for me...now would be a good time.

No comments: