Sunday, March 19, 2017

It's not paranoia if they ARE watching you. And not even through the microwave.

My work station is in the corner of what used to be called "The Dining Room" - which is funny because we usually ate in the living room - and I have this nice sunny 3-pane bay window next to me. I keep the shades up to get the natural light, and my view is basically my van, some trees, a bit of the driveway, and a corner of my mom's house next door.

Also I'm like That Old Lady Neighbor who sits by the window and peeks out through lace curtains to see what you might be doing and keep track of your comings and goings.

Not really.
Well, kind of.
Accidentally.

Because I look up every time I hear a car in the driveway past my house (it's a horseshoe drive in our little 'compound') because what if it is the UPS or FedEX man and they need a signature and I have to put pants or a shirt on really quickly??
Also I can see part of 15th street outside and I know when the mailman comes.  Since a large part of my business involves the USPS, this is important information to have.

ANYWAY.

I have mentioned before that I can tell when I've been reading too many detective/espionage books in a row because I start checking for tails every time I leave the house.
I get suspicious if I see the 'same' vehicle too many times making the same turns & lane changes that I do.
SHUT UP I KNOW.
But hey, I've been trolling the "president's" twitter feed so YOU DON'T KNOW. IT COULD HAPPEN.

Anyway ANYWAY.

So I'm sitting in my little corner nook, working away, and the back of my neck was prickling.
Usually I put this down to peri-menopausal hot flashes but my head wasn't drenched in sweat so I knew that wasn't it.
I turned my head to the right and glanced over my shoulder...




AND HE WAS STARING RIGHT AT ME.
I mean I'd seen a hawk sitting on my mom's back fence a couple of times so I guess he lives in the area - which, I might add, is ripe with big fat squirrels for the pickin', surrounded as we are by trees and trees and trees.

I slooooowly turned my chair and tried to zoom in a little...


OMG YES I KNOW MY WINDOWS & SCREENS ARE FILTHY SHUT YOUR TALK HOLE.

I thought I'd creep over to the window that has no screen and get a better shot...


Y'all this guy is YUUUGE - I must've spooked him because right after I snapped this he flew toward my backyard and I swear his wingspan is as big as mine.  He landed on my patio rail so I was sneaking into my room because I'd have had a straight on clear shot out of my bedroom window but as soon as I brought the camera up he flew off again.

#PeepingTomhawk

I'm onto you now, mister.

No comments: