Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You know you secretly love Memes. You DO.

Shamelessly heisted from Chaz, who swiped it from someone else...
A Music Meme.

*Put your MP3 player on shuffle, write down the first lines of the first twenty-five songs that come up, and then have people guess which songs they are.

Like Chaz, if the first line or two gave away the title I used the next lines.



1. Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?/I don't love him. Winter just wasn't my season
2. Cover me when I run/Cover me through the fire
3. When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide/Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
4. Don't cry to me/If you love me/You would be here with me
5. I live my life like there's no tomorrow/And all I've got I had to steal
6. Makin' a livin' the old hard way/Takin' and givin' my day by day
7. On a long & lonesome highway east of Omaha/you can listen to the engine moanin' out its one note song
8. I don't need a-whole lots of money/I don't need a big fine car
9. Friday night I crashed your party/Saturday I said I'm sorry
10. I-I-I don't wanna know your name/'cause you don't look the same/the way you did before
11. I'm stayin' here with some friends and they've got lots of room/You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk/By a café where I hope to be workin' soon
12. Mirror, mirror, on the wall/the face you show me scares me so
13. Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars/Oak tree you're in my way
14. I'm comin over, see me down at the station/By the lane with my hands in my pocket
15. Hey girl, is he everything you wanted in a man?/You know I gave you the world, you had me in the palm of your hand
16. I gave a girl a ride in the wagon/she crawled in and took control
17. I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green/I hope when you're in bed with her you think of me
18. When you grow up, livin' like a good boy oughta/and a Mama takes a shine to her best son
19. Seems like the other day/My baby went away/He went away 'cross the sea
20. A winter's day/in a deep and dark December/I am alone
21. Ain't no two ways about it/I just can't live without ya
22. Blow 'round by the wind/thrown down in a spin
23. I hear the ticking of the clock/I'm lying here, the room's pitch dark
24. And let me play among the stars/Let me see what spring is like/On Jupiter and Mars
25. I want you/But takin' it easy ain't an easy thing to do/And I want you, want you/you must know


P.S. Remember, I'm old.
P.P.S. Forgive any misheard lyrics. I once thought "Jet Airliner" lyrics were "Big old Chad and Lionel, don't carry me too far away"

No comments: