Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.

I LOVE the Subway commercial where the lady in the drive-thru says, "Instead of blubber, can I get some thunder thighs and a badonkadonk butt?"

There's something about the words 'badonkadonk butt' that makes me laugh every time.
Probably it's because I have one.


Sometimes I do the Prince-in-Purple-Rain thingy and talk to myself in the mirror...only I have to use a sock puppet because I don't have one of those groovy pop-up deals.
Okay, it isn't really a sock puppet.
It's just a sock. But still.
Mostly I just say, "What is wrong with you??!??"
Mirror-Me usually just shrugs and says, "Hell if I know."


Stop looking at me like that.


Remember when you were young and you first got contact lenses?
You'd carefully scrub your hands and dry them on a lint-free towel, make sure you had removed any eye makeup (especially the boys)(haha! just kidding, boys!)(well, mostly), and then handle the lenses as gently as plutonium...

Now here it is 20 or so years later & if we get something under our contact in the middle of lunch, we can yank that sucker out & dunk it in our glass of ice water--or pop it in the mouth for a quick spit shine--and have it back in the eye in seconds, all without so much as smearing our eyeliner.

That's the sort of talent that can only come with age.


That is all.
Have a day.

No comments: