Sunday, April 22, 2007

Holy Crapoly, you've gotta be kidding.

My incredibly discerning and brilliantly intelligent darling friend Ms Finn has chosen to honor me with one of these:



Thank you, Ms Finn! I'm pleased to know that I have said something that caused you to think--and I'm very touched to be chosen, most especially by you whom I admire and respect so very much.

I've seen these around here and there and in a couple of cases--if I'm being honest *she said in a snide Simon Cowell voice*--I had no idea why the person was a recipient.
I can also say that just as easily about myself, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Now my friend Brian (well-deservedly) received one, and he had the most complete directions I'd seen so naturally I copied off him (and not for the first time).

Not only is a the Thinking Blogger Award for recognition, it's also a meme and the rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to five blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. (Optional) Proudly display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote.


Right then! If Ms Finn and Brian had not already been chosen, rest assured that they would have been on my list.

There are many of you who make me think...well, some of you make me think you're just silly. Or something. So this is going to be a difficult choice.

I think I'll start with Annie from Smart At Love. She's not only smart at love, she's smart at lots of stuff. I've heard her on a podcast, and I can tell you she's brilliant and eloquent, and knows how to put things so that regular folks like me can understand. Believe me when I say she knows what she's talking about...there isn't a post she's written that does NOT make me think about my own relationships. So far? She's been on the nose every time.

I don't do politics as a general rule, too complicated and headachy for me. However, I do want to keep abreast of what's going on in the world. I get my info from The Doctors at Sigmund, Carl, and Alfred.
They MAKE me think...sometimes they make me think a lot. They are opinionated and erudite, and encourage open and honest (and respectful!) discussion of often inflammatory topics.

Next has to be the person I want to be when I grow up, Mamacita of Scheiss Weekly. She's got book smarts and REAL common sense. She's the kind of educator I wish we had a million more of; she's wise, she's funny, she's The Real Thing. Mamacita's posts often make me think about--and sometimes re-evaluate--my feelings on particular issues. She's a Thinking Blogger if ever there was one.

I cannot possibly leave Steph from Incurable Insomniac off of my list. Steph is articulate, an artist of music, a composer, and has a fabulous dry wit. Steph leads Round Table discussions that are always interesting and informative, and often make me pause and reconsider my own points of view. A great Thinker, is Steph, and one of my favorite people in the world.

Last but certainly not least is the inimitable Meg Fowler (formerly of BlogCabin). Oh, I love the Meg-a-licious. We've gone round and round, head to head, and still I love her dearly. She's so very brainy, she tells the best stories from the bus, she has fun interactive lists that everyone loves...but I give her this award for the other things. For the issues that she is passionate about that make me think more deeply. For the emotion she brings, for her love of so much and so many. She often causes me to think seriously when my instinct would be to answer with flippancy.

From my heart to yours, THANK YOU all for the thoughts you've made me think.
Even when I didn't want to.


**there is at least one more I would give to a person who has a semi-secret blog, but he hates awards & memes.
You have no-one to blame but yourself. :) But I totally would have given you one of these awards. xoxox

No comments: