Friday, June 30, 2006

We Interrupt This Guest Blogging Experience...

...to bring you the June edition of the

PERFECT POST AWARDS!
A Perfect Post

I've chosen to award it to one of my favorite favorite bloggers,
Brandon of One Child Left Behind
for the post
On The Event Of Your Eighth Birthday
in tribute to his son Tristan.


It is somewhat lengthier than the norm, but I urge you to read the entire post. It is worth every single second you'll spend.

It moved me, like so many of Brando's posts do.
He is one of THE hottest hotties in all of Blogdome Come, and even though he's happily married most of the women who know him are half in love with him (okay, maybe it's just me)(but I doubt it)...not just because he has the face of a naughty angel but because of the power he has to string together words to tell a perfect story, guaranteed to wring emotion from the hardest heart.

Most every post affects me, makes me feel something...as this award winning post took me from admiration to laughter, to tears and joy and pity and love.
Brandon's posts make me sigh...sometimes dreamily, sometimes empathetically, sometimes in shared pain or just plain wonderment and awe.
Sometimes the sense of surreality (no, I don't know if that's a real word) leaves me confused and disoriented...but in a good way.

He's kind-hearted, even as he begs us to throw our best zingers his way.
He's unafraid to bare his breast and invite our judgment and swords, to show us the dark and murky corners where he sometimes lives...
...and we love him all the more for it.
Brandon, I don't know how you do what you do...but never, ever stop.


P.S. Jim called me 'yummy'.
I have now added him to my stable of pretend boyfriends.

Yes, I can be had for a compliment. I'm that easy.


***QUICK PLUG to HELP THE BOSSLADY***
NEW SWIMSUITS
ELEGANT SKIRT & DRESS SUITS
FUN FUNKY ARTSY TOPS FROM SKINNY MINNIE, CUSTO, GLIMA, ANTHROPOLOGIE, & MORE!
VINTAGE and DESIGNER clothes of all kinds!

No comments: