Wednesday, December 07, 2005

FLASHBACK THURSDAY

Today I am grateful for:
A car with a working heater & power steering~last winter my car had neither.
Front wheel drive.
Big BandAids.


One year ago today...
Evidently I wasn't any more imaginative than I am now.
Here's last December 8th in Monty's World.


So one of my daughter's homework assignments was to write a story about Santa. I certainly don't remember doing a lot of creative writing projects in the third grade, but I'm glad to see her doing it. Incites the imagination.
Anyhoo, I thought the story was really great (although I'm aware that I'm somewhat biased in that regard), so I decided to share it. Here it is, exactly as it was written.



By Rebecca, 9 years old.

Santa's Helper


On a chilly Christmas night I was up in bed waiting for Santa. It was midnight and I was about to fall asleep, when all of a sudden I heard a noise. It was the sound of reindeer hoofs. I jumped up out of bed and went to my window. Outside of my window I saw Santa. He came in through the door. He said hi to me, and then he asked me to help him give gifts to everybody. I said yes but I have to ask my mom first. He said ok, so I went into my mom's room and asked her if I could go. She said it was ok to go with him. So, I went back in the living room and told him she said ok, and he said good. So we went outside and he let me ride on his reindeer and we delivered all of the gifts to people. When we were done he brought me back, and for being such a good helper he gave me a harmonica.

The End.



I think her writing style is better than mine.
And we both start every other damn sentence with "So".
I guess it is genetic.

No comments: