Monday, June 13, 2005

GUEST POST #487945 :)

but first...
My brother and my cousin are firmly convinced that they invented the "Diarrhea Song", and if they'd only known (that long, horrible summer when they were 8-ish and I babysat the little shits brats boys for nearly three months) to get a copyright, we'd all be rich by now.
*sigh*

But they did come up with many imaginative (and disgusting) verses.

"When you're takin' a bath & see a little brown path..."

"When you know you're gonna lose 'cause it's squishin' in your shoes..."

"When you're runnin' down the street and it's coverin' your feet..."

"When you're movin' really slow 'cause your butt is gonna blow..."

And way too many more.

*gak*


Now, please welcome today's Guest Blogger (who is also fairly new to my acquaintance), Ivy. She is a fabulous and interesting writer, and I strongly suggest you check out her poetry!
Ivy is a talented poet, and I think you'll find her blog quite interesting!
Now, she has something personal to say today...


To my fading friend,

I didn't ask for this. I didn't shove you out that door. It's always been a two way street.
Just like you say you cant make your marriage work alone. I can't make this friendship work alone. I refuse to feel guilty when you are the one walking away. We made the site together. You apparently have no idea just how much you have contributed. I don't know what the fuck you want me to say. What is it you need exactly? Do you need praise? Do you need everyone to say what a great job you are doing? Do you need a pat on the back? Do you need me to constantly thank you? I don't get the praise, I don't get the "Great Job", I don't get a pat on the back. And no one thanks me. But I do thank you. I do it all the time. I really don't know what else to do.

You say the ladies don't like you the way they do me. BULLSHIT! You have to try. You have to put something in to get something back. You shut down a long while back and that's not my fault and it's not the sites fault. I'm really not sure that it has anything to do with the site.

Running a site with forums takes strength. It takes knowing when to give and when to take. You won't always like everyone you come into contact with. It may be the net but its still alot like life in the people you are going to deal with. I cant change that for you.

You say that I do everything myself. All I can take that to mean is that you feel I've left you out.

I would more than happy to let you update pages and the site. If only you knew how to code. You don't even know what an ftp client is. I've tried to walk you through it. You said you didn't want to handle that part of the site. That you were cool running the boards.

I don't even know where we stand. You say you are walking away from the site. I feel like you are walking away from me too. Somehow I've done something to you or I haven't been there enough for you. I don't know. You stopped calling and stopped getting online yet you lay that blame on me. I can't and wont pull the weight alone.
Yet even with my little bitch fest I still feel like shit about this.

Its neither here nor there. I feel like you are blaming me for this. And we both know it's not me. Its something deep inside you. Something you have to work out. Nothing has changed on my end. Its the same old shit its always been. I handle my work just like always. If you don't feel like you do enough. Take initiative and do something about it.

Now everyone is mad at me because I won't beg you to stay. I feel this is what you really want and that you are making excuses so that its easier for you to walk away.
Stand up! Be real, be honest with yourself, Don't lie to me. You want to leave? That's Okay. I can understand when you are just over something. BUT! DON'T lay the blame on me!



Thank you, Ivy, for sharing your frustrations with us! I think that many of us have felt the same way (although in different situations, most probably), and it is terribly stressful when we feel someone is trying to manipulate us.

Excellent work!

No comments: