Wednesday, January 05, 2005

'Tis the season

Once again that time of year is upon us...that time of year when aka_monty must effect a minor(?) personality change and attempt to be *gulp*...pleasant to the customers.

You guessed it: GIRL SCOUT COOKIE TIME. *sigh*
What I don't do for my children, God love 'em.

In an effort to boost sales for my own little Girl Scout (featured below) as door-to-door sales are NOT encouraged anymore, I take the little order form to work, have my GirlScout make a little bread-&-butter sign, and sell sell sell.

Oh, by the way...THIN MINTS, anyone? Order NOW! ;)

Of course, this means being nice to the customers. Sometimes I actually use this as a bargaining tool. One of the few I like, Robert, gains a promise from me every year of ONE WHOLE WEEK of niceness for every box of cookies. But I have to tell ya, if he orders 10 boxes again this year, the deal is so off.

My little joke on them is that when I have to make nice-nice, it is definitely gushy, syrupy, and saccharine.

Today one of my most UN-favorite people was ordering her cookies, and I looked up and bared my teeth in (what I thought) was a fairly good imitation of a smile.

She looked...well, I'd have to say frightened is the word I'm looking for.
But it all worked out okay, because then she added 4 more boxes of cookies to her order.


My Girl Scout (out of uniform! 10 DEMERITS!)

7 comments:

Janet said...

I miss me some Thin Mints.

Unknown said...

GS Cookie time already? I was a girl scout many, many years ago. So what are they up to...about $20 a box?

Sudiegirl said...

Gorgeous kiddo!

Put me down for those peanut butter patty things, and let me know where to send the check!

what's your e-mail? Send it to me confidentially at quakquak99@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Shannon akaMonty said...

They've gone up .50 from last year...this year they're $3.50 a box! GAH!

Thanks all for the lovely compliments about my girlscout. :)

Sudie, you serious about some cookies?? ;)

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful child. I miss you Shannon. I really do. Drop me a line when you can.

Love,
Monkeyballs22

Frank said...

I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! God DAMNIT I need thin mints RIGHT NOW!!! You don't know the months of therapy I went through to forget their oh-so-goodness-yummy-yumalicious taste.... Must, find, girlscout, and eat entire crate of THIN MINTS!!!!!!!!

Shannon akaMonty said...

FRANKIE: PLEASE MOVE SLOWLY AWAY FROM THE COOKIES...and no one will get hurt. ;) Glad to see you back!

GUY: THanks for coming by! Thanks for the compliment on my kid~~I think she's pretty great too. Just like her mommy. ;) I will certainly get in touch with your 'better half', as I have a whoooole guild full of "neopetters" (that sounds sort of nasty, dunnit?) that are post-pubescent.

JOHN: I miss you too, sweetie pie! Hurry up~I'm ready to go for a ride on your new bike. :) *smooch*