Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy might be too much to ask, I'm aiming for Okayish New Year

The past year, well, it's been challenging, to say the least.

I lost my bio-father to covid, because he refused vaccination even after he promised he would get it and I'm still angry about that. Also his wife & my half-sister & her family have apparently decided that my kids (and I) are non-existent so fuck those guys.

Yes, clearly I'm still struggling with rage issues about the whole situation.

Holidays this year have been bizzare and have left me with some emptiness in my heart, and then the empty fills with anger and off we go again.

I AM TRYING.
Also I really really hate being forced into membership with so many of you, in the Lost Parent Club.
What sucks is that once you're in, you're in for life, which is ironic because death is what qualified you to get in.

The dark-humored joke at my house is that hey, at least I've got a spare (dad).


In the past year...
I have been diagnosed with diabetes, lipodermatasclerosis, high blood pressure, anemia, hypothyroid (unshocking because I had Grave's disease and had to take a radioactive pill to kill my thyroid), and a few other little lesser issues.
I had to have an ultrasound on my heart and my legs.
I could not walk properly, it was like my thigh muscles had forgotten how to work. I had to use a walker or at least a cane just to move around the house.

Also in the past year...
I have brought my A1C blood sugar down from 9.8 to 6.6
I have lost 98 lbs.
My blood pressure has come down from redline stroke zone to pretty near perfect.
Dumped 2 of my blood pressure meds, cut down on my iron pills.
I can get around without a walker and only need the cane if I'm doing a lot of walking, just as a balance precaution

So as you can see, it's been a very uppy-downy, twisty-turny, rough and bumpy ride, with all the screaming and nausea you'd expect from the worst roller coaster ever.

AAAND to top off the Suckfest that is 2021, my girl Betty White just died - and she only could've timed it better if it was 11:59PM tonight.
RIP, you magnificent woman.


All the self-pitying bullshit aside, I do have a plan for 2020Too.
I mean mostly it's DON'T HEADSTAB ANYONE, but baby steps, right?

Now go forth and celebrate in small, safe groups, don't drink and drive, buckle your seatbelt, wear a mask, and GET YOUR GD VACCINATION and BOOSTER.
Don't die of stupid because I will NOT forgive you.

Have a very Okayish New Year!

5 comments:

Natsthename said...

Girl, 2021 was a shitfest year and I'm happy you're on a more even health street going into 2022.

I'm also in the Lost Parent Club, but I still do have one left and she's pretty healthy at age 86. I'm hoping she hangs as long as dear Betty did. Lost my dad in 2008 after some medical bumbles, so I'm still pissed at two medical facilities in Lancaster, PA and told mom never to go to those places for any treatment.

Needless to say, no matter how you're feeling, you manage to bring me smiles every time I see a post on Facebook! I thank you for that and wish you well, old pal.

DeeJay said...

You are my hero.

Shannon akaMonty said...

Nat, thank you so much! Fingers crossed for our mothers to be here at least as long as Betty was. <3

Shannon akaMonty said...

DeeJay, YOU are mine. I always want to be more like you. xoxoxox

poopie said...

You never cease to make me laugh in spite of all the bullshit. Love you forever my friend xoxo.