Friday, June 01, 2007

Meme for Youyou. Yeah, like you care.

The darling MommaK in a low-down and dirty move tagged me with the Eight Random Things meme...

* Each player starts with eight random facts/habits.
* People who are tagged need to write posts on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names I'm sorry, I'm unable to comply. I don't need the hate mail. If you choose to pick up the tag for yourself, please leave me a comment so that I may come and admire your work.


My first thought was, "Oh dear, how will I ever narrow it down to only eight?
Then I remembered that I've already told you most of my weird and/or quirky and/or random habits, so I'll have to think about it.


1. I love the smell of Bactine. I love it.

2. Whenever I re-read any of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series, I speak like Roland for awhile. Thankee-sai, say thankya, popkin (sandwich), astin (aspirin)...I can't help it.

3. Sometimes I am hopelessly naive about...well everything. Mostly people's motivations & characters.

4. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for people. I'm more likely to call them to the carpet now, whereas 10 or 15 years ago I would've let things slide.

5. I am not one of those people who blogs because of a need to write. I only blog to empty out my head so it can refill with more crap. I do, however, understand that need and admire it and envy it--I just don't have it.

6. If you've ever spoken to me in person or on the phone, then you're aware that I suffer from a disease called Interruptitis. I can't control it, and as of yet there is no medication available. Sometimes I'm stricken so severely that I interrupt myself.

7. MommaK knows this one: I cannot/will not eat any sort of lunch meat after it has been opened for two days. Because even if doesn't really smell funny...it smells funny. Gak.

8. I find it very difficult to be affectionate & demonstrative with the people to whom I am the closest.
For example, I've hugged Brian, Rose, Amanda, Chaz, Redneck Diva, Steph, and Nettl with uninhibited delight. However, I rarely hug my best friend Desarea, even though we're very close and I adore her. I rarely hug my mom, my dad, my brother, or my sister (all of whom I grew up with, you know)...but I always hug my bio-dad, stepmom, and their daughter (my youngest sister).
That's bizarre to me.


You know, when I finished this a few minutes ago, I realized that in the rules it does not say that you have to list 8 random facts/habits about yourself. This probably would have been so much more interesting if I'd've listed 8 random things about other people.

Dammit.

No comments: