Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Brain Soup. Hungry?

Nearly everyone thinks that they have a great sense of humor...but a lot of them are just fooling themselves.


My sense of humor is often so bizarre that even I don't get it.


and now for something completely different...

Did you ever go waaay back and read your first ever post? Or the ones from two years ago? Last year?
And you don't even recognize your own words or writing style?

Or is that just me?

Sometimes I think hey, that was bloody clever/funny/brilliant!...
but usually just think hey, what a pantload of crap.


Yesterday I discovered that the Hot Fudge Oreo shake from The Crack House is--just as I suspected--not hot at all.
But it is incredibly delicious.
Be jealous.


and now for something completely different.

Sometimes I get a little sad when I stop to wonder how much longer I have until...

she decides she's "too old" to hold my hand in public...
she doesn't need me to come in and kiss her goodnight...
she gets embarrassed to kiss me and say "Love you, Ma" in front of her friends...
she starts shutting her bedroom door and shutting me out...
she doesn't want to tell me about her day...
she forgets to give me the lookback/wave/kiss-blow as I watch her walk down the street on her way to school...
I have to let go...

If I could save time in a bottle...

No comments: