Tuesday, December 05, 2006

An Addendum

I've been fretting, worrying, about Christmas this year because...well...quite honestly my financial situation is somewhat grim and I can't afford to give everyone the lovely things I want to give them.
Now, I try to keep the focus on what Christmas means--means to us, in my family, anyway--but there's nothing I love more than the bright and glowing faces of children when they wake up Christmas morning and see what's under the tree.

Then last night I overheard a conversation between my mother and my daughter.

MOM: "So, what do you want for Christmas this year? You haven't given me a list."
DAUGHTER: "I don't really want anything, I just want to spend time with the whole family together. That's the important thing."

This tiny 11 year old person could teach me a thing or two.
How did I ever get so lucky?


A recommendation...

Mamacita sent me this book:


and I urge you to read it. It's wrenching and warming and beautiful.
After I turned the last page, my heart--like the Grinch's--grew three sizes that day.


If you missed Sunday's show, you can LISTEN HERE to Monty Does Mojo.
In case you were wondering.


Have a day.
That is all.

No comments: