Friday, June 16, 2006

Sisterly love

but first...
It's time for MIXMANIA v. HOT HOT HAWT!
It was so much fun last time, and I got some most excellent tunes from my match, the ever-wonderful Mamacita
Now, go see JIM and sign up to play along!


When I found out my brother-in-law works for ACME Brick Company, my first thought was It's a damn shame his name isn't Wiley.


I was watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? last night and 'tapeworm' was involved in one of their skits...reminded me of a story (I think I told Dawn this story once):

When my brother was about 7 or 8, he hit a growth spurt and he ate and he ate and he ate and he ate...and stayed a skinny little thing.
My parents said he must have a tapeworm and everyone laughed.

Later, since I am the all-knowing Big Sister, he asked me what a tapeworm was.

I told him that it was a really long (like 20 feet) flat worm that gets in your stomach and eats all the food that you swallow, that's why you always feel hungry because it's eating up all your food.

He got a panicky look on his face and his big blue eyes welled with tears as he asked me how to get it out.

I told him that he'd have to put a piece of raw bacon on his tongue and when the worm crawled up his throat to get it...he'd have to grab it and start pulling it out.

He cried.

I laughed.

That was the defining moment in our relationship.
Except now he's way bigger than me....but I can probably still make him cry.

I am the best sister ever!


That is all.
Have a day.

No comments: