Monday, May 08, 2006

From The Pulpit.

but first...

Do you suppose the dairy folks would consider putting these faces on a milk carton?
*heavy sigh*





No sign of 'em.
I'm telling myself that a nice young family has taken them in.
Or maybe they ran off to join the circus.


Okay, I meant to post this yesterday but I spent the day illegally downloading music I mean I'm incredibly lazy I got busy doing stuff.

I've been reading the The Da Vinci Code, and coincidentally I watched a program the other night called "Breaking The Da Vinci Code".

Man, the derision in their voices whenever those 'experts' said the name Dan Brown made me feel a little sorry for the guy.

Anyway.
I didn't want to talk about that, necessarily.

(*******As far as I know, that book is a work of fiction. It only made me think of some "WHAT IFs")


I know next to nothing about most religions, so if I seem ignorant it's only because I am.
And I'm not mocking your religion, I sincerely have questions.


I've read that nuns wear a wedding band and profess themselves "Brides of Christ".

And then yesterday at church, some of our (Methodist) women went to a retreat and one of the speakers told the ladies that we are all "Brides of Christ".

See, I'm terribly uncomfortable with that notion.
Are we equal to Jesus Christ, that we could be his brides?
(yes, I'm aware of the symbolism, but go with me here).

Has bride been given some other meaning that I'm not aware of?
And don't get me started on the polygamy issues that this raises in my mind.
(again, I know they don't mean literally, but still)

And then I'm reading the book, and it puts forth the notion that Mary Magdalene was in fact not a prostitute, but Jesus' WIFE!

Now, I know I'm stupid about this...but so what if Jesus did have a wife?
Son of God AND son of man, remember?
God doesn't mind if we get married.

And if nuns (and apparently Methodist women) can call themselves "Brides Of Christ", why would it be so scandalous if Jesus had a real wife?

Is all I'm wondering.

If someone wants to explain the ramifications to me, I'm all ears (eyes).


That is all.
Have a day.

No comments: