Friday, March 10, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name...

**Go see my tenant, PantherGirl, at The Dog's Breakfast! Please take a nice gift.


I had some film developed yesterday...

Yes, yes, actual 35mm film.
I have many rolls scattered hither and thither, some of which may be close to 10 years old.
This roll in particular was from about 5 or 6 years ago, when I took the kids and drove to S. Carolina.
I spent a day and a half and drove right back. But it was an adventure, yes?

Now, I shall settle the mantle of MOMMY firmly around my shoulders and share a couple of pictures from the trip.

Along the side of the road in S. Carolina there were glorious banks of tall, waving wildflowers, so naturally I had to have a picture of my own little wildflower amidst them...



Searching for the perfect blossom...


And here we are practicing "How Not To Be Seen", ala Monty Python...



Speaking of vacations, I realized today that apart from the brief time of unemployment, I haven't had a 'real' two week (or even one full week) vacation in about NINE years.

No wonder I'm cranky.


It is a tragedy to me when I can't bring myself to like someone I have truly cared about and admired.
*sigh*
When you get a glimpse behind the facade...
the true narcissist masked with false modesty...
the "I'm so humble---LOOK AT ME BEING HUMBLE!" behind the polish...
the sympathy card replayed until it is virtually meaningless...
the touting of (inflated) qualities hidden within self-deprecation...

Some days I'm very intolerant. And judgmental.






I'm really not a bad person. I promise.
I am a bit of a killjoy lately.
So solly, Cholly.

Happier times a-comin' this weekend~~MommaK and I are reviving my Image Game.
Be sure to tune in...


Screw it, I'm going to Sonic for a big-ass coke.

Have a day.


That is all.

No comments: