Saturday, March 05, 2005

If I'd've had a sharp stick, I'd've put out my own eyes.

O WHAT A SIGHT WE DID SEE!

But first...
A big ol' sloppy wet THANK YOU smooch to Bob, Tommy, & Monkeyballs who think the blonde in the picture is cute. As that blonde happens to be me, my ego has now been stroked quite satisfactorily and monty is feeling happy.



From the Daily Bitch Sports Page...
Okay, so I went to Ft. Worth yesterday with my sister, to catch some CHL action.
Got our asses handed to us on a platter. (Ach, Blazers, what were you thinking?!
A perfectly lackluster performance, until the last five minutes of the game. With 2 goals scored in quick succession, the Blazers finally tied the score at 4 to 4.
Thus began the overtime...with no goals scored by either side.
Then...the bane of their existence...the SHOOT OUT.
The Blazers are not known for their capabilities in this particular area. *sigh*
Boyd Ballard (btw, thanks for the tickets, Boyd, even though I'm going to diss you a little bit) evidently does not see the puck well, since they continued to zip by him.
So when the final Brahma shot the puck...Boyd just watched it right into the goal.
Way to go, Boyd.

But as much as I love (most of) the Great State of Texas (and many of the people who reside there), there were some seriously disturbing events.
Apparently, it is customary for some of the Brahma fans to celebrate a goal in a rather unusual manner~~they take their shirts off and swing them around their heads.

I offer a few tips, or guidelines, to make this event more pleasurable (if that is even a possibility) for the rest of us:

1. If you're over, say, 40...do NOT take your shirt off.
2. If your waist size is more than, again I'll say 40 (inches)...do NOT take your shirt off.
3. If you are a candidate for the "man-bra"...do NOT take your shirt off.
4. If you've got more hair than a grizzly bear...do NOT take your shirt off.
5. If your back is as hairy than your front, if it looks like you're wearing a sweater even when you're naked...do NOT take your shirt off.
6. Ladies, if you have boobies that are hovering somewhere near your knees, even with a support bra...do NOT take your shirt off.
7. Ladies, if you've forgotten to shave your pits...do NOT take your shirt off.

Folks, this is a family show. I feel permanently scarred, and in need of serious therapy. The images are burned into my brain~~I had nightmares. *shudder*

Doctors, I hope you can fit me in for an emergency session today.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK now that's funny I don't care who ya are! wicked humor. (BTW Michelle sent me)

Panthergirl said...

Popped over via Michele...we've got a lot of common blogs in our blogroll!! Now excuse me while I poke around...

Anonymous said...

came over sort of by Michele, she didn't send me but I saw the address on her refrigerator.

I really should go watch the Brahmas...but not if I HAVE to take my shirt off....I think I'm OK, but I'd just as soon not have to prove it.

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Hi, Michelle sent me, but I'm here every day anyway! I better go visit a stranger now.

Tammy said...

Ok, I needed that giggle!

And I'm reading a book with a character who claims to have "Man Boobs". How scary is that?!

Oh yeah....Michele sent me....altho I tend to wander by on my own!

Cori said...

You have played the Michele game more than me...I better catch up!!hello and I agree with your shirt rules wholeheartedly!!

Kimberly said...

I totally agree with you. The hairy armits thing reminded me of the stomach ache I got every time Angie from Survivor lifted her arms during the last episode. I think she was not a shaver before she got to the island. Now that they have that sewing kit, she could at least trim the hair...

Michele said...

Now, during you appointment with the good doctors please ask each of them to keep their shirt on.

SeeingDouble said...

Wow, I'm frightened. I totally agree with your guidlines. Thing is, if you need a manbra, how is you taking off your top any different than a woman doing so? Boobs are boobs, and since it is generally frowned upon for a woman to show her's in public, I'll have to ask you to keep your's under wraps. Esp if they are bigger than mine.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I have rules like that myself. I live by my own guidelines! I am here via Michele's meet and greet game (oh how I love to play). Hope your well and I will continue to read some more of your posts.... cheers... have a great weekend...

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheers... Michelle sent me!
Be back again!

Kimberly said...

As a native of the Great State of Texas, I'm fond of many things about it and its residents. The fondness for removing one's shirt at sporting events was not one of those, nor did any of the Texans whom I'd've liked to see without their shirts ever seem to be the ones to take them off. Ironic, no?

And I'm coming by from Michele's weekend bash... haven't seen anyone shirtless around there yet either.

Unknown said...

Living here in Fort Worth, I feel I should personally apologize for our fat, ugly people. I'll try to keep them better locked up for your next visit!