Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ego Strokin'

First order of business today...I would like to give a BIG OL' OKIE THANK YOU (which may involve a nice smooch) to Cam Edwards for the absolutely fabulous (and completely unexpected!) COMPLIMENT he gave me, for no apparent reason. :) Thanks Cam!

INCREDIBLY STUPID PRODUCT OF THE WEEK:
Iam's Savory Sauce.
What the hell? It's sauce...that you put on your dog's dry food. For crap's sake.
I love my doggies, but gimme a break. Just when I thought I'd seen everything...I found out I was wrong.


Entertainment News...
I saw an advertisement last night for some movie called "The Curse" or "The Cursed" or something like that...Christina Ricci still looks like Wednesday Addams. I'd've hoped she'd have grown out of that by now.

For some reason that I cannot fathom, I actually watched the "One Day At A Time Reunion" show last night.
What was I thinking?



What, ME talk about politics?
I'm the first to admit that I am...somewhat a-political. Or to call a spade a spade, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to politics. However, once in awhile something catches my eye that I feel rather strongly about. So NATURALLY my first thought is to share it with all of you, my friends!

Here's a couple of small excerpts from an article by Ruben Navarette Jr. in today's The Daily Oklahoman:

"Maybe I'm getting to the age when I'm starting to be senile or nostalgic or both, but people are so angry now," Clint Eastwood said. "You used to be able to disagree with people and still be friends. Now you hear these talk shows, and everyone who believes differently from you is a moron and an idiot--both on the right and on the left."
Ruben goes on to say:
These days, when they talk politics, a lot of Americans tend to demonize, dismiss, and demand. They demonize anyone who disagrees with them. They dismiss anything their opponents have to say. And they demand that even those who agree with them do so 100% of the time.

...You can be proud of someone for accomplishing something significant, and still critical of him for positions on which you disagree. To maintain otherwise is to make people out to be less complicated than they really are, and politics a lot less interesting than it ought to be.


See, now that makes sense to me.

8 comments:

Dividual Reality said...

Okay... I'm a pirate, sue me. I snooped around the link you posted about your doggies... and found the wonderful pic of your ex. Are those quotes real?
Love the art job on it. =)

Shannon akaMonty said...

Thank you, Brandie! :) And might I return the compliment?

Dividual, perhaps the quotes weren't exact, but nonetheless, those are topics that we discussed. Obviously with quite opposite views.
Can you believe that I was with that guy for FOUR WHOLE YEARS? I credit that to the fact that he was in Texas in school for most of that time. ;) (he's not THE ex, just an EX-boyfriend).

Janet said...

Compliments make it all worthwhile.:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, by all means, I'd love a big old Okie kiss (just as long as it doesn't come from a big old Okie. That conjours up visions of my Uncle A.J., who had a belly the size of a Yugo).

But you're more than welcome. I love the blog and this is going on the blogroll tonight.

Thumper said...

Wow...I thought I was the only one who watched the ODAAT reunion disaster. Why I watched the whole thing, I don't know, but I kept thinking "Now I know why they didn't hype the crap out of this..."

Kimberly said...

I saw that crazy dogfood sauce too! I think it will sell well in certian areas of the country- like California!! Have a great day:-)Survivor tonight-yipee!

Megan said...

Oh God, I watched the "One Day At A Time" reunion too. How disappointing. I think I got more from the E! True Hollywood Story about Mackenzie Phillips. But I loved that show (the show, not the reunion show). I so identified with Barbara. *Sighs*

Megan said...

Oh, and did you notice the comment after yours on Cam's blog? "Kevin" says you're HOT! Whoo hoo!