Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Bah Humbuggery and other craptastic thoughts.

I have two Christmas trees. One teeny-tiny tabletop tree (let's hear it for alliteration!), and one six foot tree. Both artificial, of course.
I FINALLY dragged the....teeny one down from the attic today, along with my children's stockings.
What is UP with me this year? No decorations up, a tiny tree, no enthusiasm. *sigh*
I have a roomful of gifts yet to wrap, and can muster up no energy to even sort through them.

I've GOT to get over it.

Just dumped the guy I've been dating recently (because he was becoming an annoyance~you can go here to read all about THAT particular situation...), so that may have something to do with it. I'm just feeling unhappy. I know, I know, BOO-FREAKIN'-HOO!! lol
In the words of Dr. Laura (and I, for one, find this the ONLY intelligent thing she's ever had to say) "QUIT WHINING!"

Good dose of my own medicine.

Random thought:
D'you know when I compose my BEST blog posts? Usually around 11pm or so...when I'm lying in bed, the house is still and quiet except for the occasional WHOOOMPH of the pilot light and the soft humming of the central heat unit. I close my eyes and think of all the things I want to say, and they always sound so perfectly perfect in my head.

Damn shame I can't remember them when I wake up the next morning.
XD

*sings* "I saw Mama boinking Santa Claus, underneath the Christmas tree last night..."
*giggle*

3 comments:

Michele said...

Great Post!! What a wonderful sense of humour you have, I don't think I have been here before but I shall certainly return.

You have two trees and you think you are not in the spirit? I looked out my living room window this morning and actually had the following thought:

Hmm, if I throw some tinsel on the tree outside and clean the windows maybe people will think THAT is my Christmas tree behind museum style glass.

So I win for spirit-less-ness of the moment thoughts. Ha, you did not know there was a compatition, did you? I wil give you time to think of a lovely prize.

I will be back (yes, it is a warning).

Frank said...

my best posts happen around midnight as well. and i so rarely read them after composing them that when i go back after a couple days or a week, i get sorta surprised. it's like reading someone elses blog.

Shannon akaMonty said...

Michele, thank you for the lovely compliments! Coming from you I take it as high praise...when I ran across you in Blogexplosion, I decided that your blog was one of the most fun and active blogs I'd ever read, PLUS you get right into the real spirit of blogexchange. :)

Okay, so you win...this time. :D I've decided that your prize will consist of 217 copies of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", and a box of Whizzo Chocolates Brand Crunchy Frog (if you're a Monty Python fan, you'll know what a treat that is! MUAHAHAHAH!)

*puts on hostess gown* You're quite welcome to visit anytime~~you don't even have to call first! ;)

F: I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in the midnight composition of posts...that reminds me of something I read the other day.
How do you know when you're addicted to blogging?When you find yourself composing your next post...during sex*snicker*