Saturday, February 28, 2009

Because making up your own jokes is fun

In case you missed it on Twitter, I was making up my own "lightbulb" punchlines the other day.


How many twitterers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

100. 1 to screw in the lightbulb and post it to twitter, 99 to re-tweet it.


I like my coffee like I like my men: strong and bitter.


How many Social Media people does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

100. 1 to screw in the lightbulb, 4 "gurus" to host a seminar on it, and 95 to discuss how to monetize it.


I like my coffee like I like my exes: finely ground and dark-roasted.


and now for something completely different...

Meg Fowler has got me involved in the fringes of an upcoming event: Social Media for Social Change NYC!
Finally a social media event that isn't about self-promotion. These folks are raising money for charity. They've had a previous event that was successful in raising $$ for Jane Doe in Boston, and now they've joined forces with City Harvest NYC, an organization which rescues food to help feed the homeless.

I love organizations which focus on feeding the hungry in THIS country. We all talk about feeding the people in other countries - which, naturally, is a noble task -- but what about OUR people? Sometimes in this country we care more about abused & homeless animals than we care about PEOPLE.

ANYWAY ANYWAY.

The actual event in NYC is April 3, but on Saturday, March 7th, there is going to be a "Stay At Home" night.
What they're asking is that you STAY HOME instead of going out on that one single night, and all the $$ that you would have spent taking in a movie, or Broadway show, or dinner at Olive Garden, WHATEVER... and DONATING THAT LITTLE BIT OF MONEY. Give fittycent. Or $50. Or whatever you normally spend on a Saturday night out.
Help feed some people. Feel good about yourself.
See? Easy peasy.

Oh, what am I doing? I'll be providing the background music while you stay at home and twitter, or blog, or make UStream videos.

That's right, a SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL edition of Friday Night Live!
WOO!
I'll be hosting a show, with updates on the fun things that other "stay-at-homers" (heehee, I called you HOMERS) are doing...maybe some call-ins to plug the actual event.
Everything from ABC to XYZ, Abba to the Zombies, Paul Anka to Warren Zevon.

So the only question left is...
Can you handle The Full Monty on a Saturday night?

No comments: