Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Today, class, a philosophy lesson.

I actually had nothing much of interest to say today...okay, actually I do, but owing to time constraints I will have to save it for another day.
ANYWAY.
I decided to share with you the song that I woke up with this morning. In my head, I mean, not on the radio. Could have something to do with the fact that I watched some of my favorite Monty Python sketches last night.

Ready? Now raise those beer mugs up high, and sing along!
Monty is nothing if not educational.



Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant
who was very rarely stable

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
who could think you under the table

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach 'ya
'bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed...

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
after half a pint of shandy was particularly ill

Plato, they say, could stick it away,
half a crate of whiskey every day!

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
Hobbes was fond of his Dram...

And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart~
"I drink, therefore I am"

Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.


Thank you and good night!
**DISCLAIMER: as I typed this from memory, any misspellings or errors are solely the fault of this author

(aka_monty has left the building)

6 comments:

Catherine Detweiler said...

I love Monty Python, but can't say that I know half the words to any of their songs. I prefer to recite bits like "The Comfy Chair" or "Eric the Half a Bee."

Got your Destructomatch comment today--I play under my daughter's account so she can feed those hungry little guys. At least that helps me limit myself to 3 games a day!

LindseyO said...

LOL!

The minute you mentioned Monty Python, that song popped into my head. No really!

I think my favorite line is this one:
"John Stuart Mill, of his own free will..."

HAHAHA...

Now, the fact that I can also recite the Penis Song, also from memory - should scare more than a few people. :)

LindseyO said...

Oh, and I almost forgot (sorry for second post!)... My own similar post on the subject, complete with link to the rabbit with big pointy teeth. :)

http://bostonzee.blogspot.com/2004/11/and-now-for-something-completely.html

Anonymous said...

Dammit Shannon fix your computer already. I miss you.

Love,
Monkeyballs

Unknown said...

I've always LOOOOOOOOOVED that song!!! The Monty Python boys are just genius.

Shannon akaMonty said...

Anyone who is a Monty Python fan is okay in my book. Plus I think it means you're smarter than the rest of the population.

My other favorite songs are "Sit on my face" and "Every Sperm Is Sacred". AAaaah, how I love me some Monty Python!

My dearest darling Monkeyballs, I miss you too! :(:( As soon as the computer doctor gets the nasty ol' virus out...with some computer antibiotics of some sort, I'd imagine...*giggle* I will be back to you, sweetheart!
Love you!
S.