Thursday, December 23, 2004

Story with a Spin

This morning began like any other: I crawled woozily out of bed, turned off my nice warm snuggly electric blanket, & headed for the kitchen to switch on the coffee pot. Then off to the shower...no problemo. Showered, dressed, logged on to the computer for a few minutes whilst I drank coffee & smoked.
BUT THEN...

DUN DUN DUN!

I went into the bathroom, grabbed my Crest Spinbrush, and flicked the switch...
NOTHING.
"WHAT?!" I cried, "how can this be?"

I stared in stupefaction at the unmoving spinbrush.
I began to panic.
I raced through the house, searching frantically for batteries.
Well of course, this close to the holidays, not a battery was to be found anywhere. Even in my 'private' stash. *wink wink* (girls, you know what I'm talkin' about here)
I returned to the bathroom to sit on the closed toilet lid and think. (the bathroom IS where most of the deep thinking is done, after all)
I tried to determine a course of action. First, I decided to go on strike, and just stop brushing until the damn thing decided to give in. That lasted all of 5 minutes, as I'd already had 3 cups of coffee and 2 cigarettes. Bleurgh.
Then I thought I'd stage a sit-in, in protest, until the battery fairy did her stinkin' job.
Okay, that got boring REALLY quickly.
I settled for glaring at the evil spinbrush, hoping to frighten it into doing it's job. The slacker.
Didn't work.

Finally, with a deep sigh, I grabbed the SpinBrush, gave it a good shake, and proceeded to brush while making "hnnnnnnnn hnnnnnnn hnnnnnnn" sounds in the back of my throat.

Mission accomplished.

I have lost the battle, but I still hope to win the war.
The good news is, the blow dryer was intimidated into perfect behaviour.


2 comments:

Frank said...

HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Michele said...

I have known some very submissive blow dryers...you simply have ot know how ot pust their buttons.

My holiday message to you:

In this season of celebration I also celebrate the wonderful people who have touched my life with their glorious spirit, wit, wonder, and joy. This list of people does indeed include you.

Wishing you love, joy and wonderment during this glorious time of year.