Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Devil or Angel?

So my daughter is off to spend the night at a friend's house tonight...she's very excited about it.
I was picking her and her brother up from my mom's today after work, and mom has this big box of leftover bubbles from my sister's wedding.

My daughter asked grandma for some bubbles and said, "Do you think bubbles would be a nice thank-you gift for Sarah's mom for letting me spend the night?"

My first thought: AAAAWWWWWWWWW! My heart swelled near to burstin' with pride. What a lovely, thoughtful, special little girl I have! I had to pause and wipe a tear from my eye. LOL ;)

My second thought as my ever-present cynicism reared it's ugly head: Mmmm, maybe I should've named her Rhoda. Anyone ever see or read "The Bad Seed"??? LOL!!!! I wonder could my own sweetheart be that devious...that thought was helped along by me own mum as she muttered "brown-noser" under her breath with a chuckle.

Seriously, my little gal is the tops, the absolute tops. I KNOW, without a doubt, that at 9 years old it would never have occurred to me to take a thank you gift to my hostess. Hell, it rarely occurs to me now at the ripe age of 36!

My daughter could teach me a thing or two about proper behavior.




OH, almost forgot something I wanted to share. I heard a couple of jokes this morning from a favorite mysogynistic radio DJ...and even tho' I AM a woman, I found them amusing. Then again, I'm easily amused.

Why is it called PMS?
Because the name 'Mad-Cow Disease' was already taken.

What's the difference between a woman and a sack of shit?
The sack
Oh BOOOO ON YOU, Lumpy! Bad, bad man!


Why does it take FIVE women with PMS to change a lightbulb?

IT JUST DOES, OKAY??!!!??

Thank you and goodnight!

No comments: