Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A Pre-Review, if you will.

So I have some quirky habits.
Most of them you know, like how after 3 days the open package of  lunchmeat gets tossed in the trash if it isn't eaten because IT HAS A SMELL I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU SAY.
And how I feel it's unsanitary to take the batteries out of your Rabbit to use for your electric toothbrush.
Also I prefer my desktop computer with the ergonomic keyboard more than any other tech in this entire house, which is why my phone is usually wherever I'm not, and often dead.

What you may not know is that when I am super excited to read an ARC that I plan to review, I like to read it sitting at my desk so I can take Live Notes right here for the stuff I want to remember.
I used to read them in bed like I do everything else, but then I end up with every third page dog-eared and underlined  and IT IS MY PRECIOUS and I do not want to harm THE SPECIAL.

Author-signed books are my favorite and also at the top of the list of Things I'll Save In A Fire.
No worries, the kids are for sure a strong number two on the list.
Well, my purse and the kids.
And pictures.
So, the kids, my purse, and photo albums, solid #2.
Okay, maybe 3. But a HARD 3. I mean really, there are two kids, one can help get the other out while I grab the car keys and vacation money jar.
I'm going to need those, right?
Kids, firm three. For reals.

Okay so I just got THIS (Hooray for me! None for you! Which is double the pleasure for me!)


in the mail the other day and while I have been ever-so-anxiously awaiting its arrival, now I'm scared to start it because I know it's going to be over WAY TOO SOON and then I have to wait a WHOLE YEAR for another one and MAN IT IS SO HARD TO BE A NUMBER ONE FAN READER!

There is a war between instant and delayed gratification happening here.
Sorry if it causes  earthquakes or tsunamis and such near you - it's pretty intense.
If I get the housework ALL done and work work ALL done, this will be my reward tonight.

I will let you know how it turns out - but just get ready to add this title (and really ALL the #PeterAsh by @NickPetrie books) to your Christmas and birthday wish lists, because I can already tell it's gonna be a good one.




In the words of The Terminator, "I'll be back."




In the words of C.S. Lewis, "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

#TrueStory Although I would probably substitute coffee for tea.
Also the exception is that Goldfinch book, which was about 300 pages way too long and wordy and seriously how many chapters can a person reasonably be expected to tolerate reading about getting drunk and hurling? The answer is "considerably less times than were written about in that book."





No comments: