Thursday, December 04, 2008

Shoppin' from A-Z

First of all, anyone who really knows me knows that I HATE SHOPPING.
I hate spending money (okay, I like spending money on gifts for other people, but that's where I draw the line).
I hatehatehate the crowds - people become these horrible, fanged savage animals who trample innocent store employees just so they can satisfy their avaricious, greedy hearts and so their spoiled little brats do not have to go without The Very Latest (fill in the blank).
I hate dealing with people.
I don't like people in general.

But this time of year... well, shopping is a necessary evil.
SO!

I was introduced to a FANTASTICAL, MAGICAL website called SHOP.COM. I love it. AAAAAALLLL your favorite stores (and then some) consolidated into one user friendly website.
They do all the work for you!
Looking for clothes for the kids, a blue-tooth or golf clubs for the husband, jewelry or sexy FMPumps for the wife?
THEY HAVE THEM ALL.

Search for your item, and SHOP.COM gives you a list to choose from, with ALL SORTS OF PRICE RANGES listed for your convenience, and the stores from which they come. I saw iPod Touches from $300+ to $189. There were books, music, and videos. Clothes, shoes, handbags... perfume, toys, electronics, and game systems.

IT'S LIKE WONDERLAND, and I DO NOT HAVE TO BE SHOVED, KNOCKED AROUND, or most importantly, TALK TO ANYONE.

That makes me so happy I could almost cry, and I'm not even joking. No standing in interminable lines. No sour-faced idiots snatching the last (whatever) right out of your hand.

Shop.Com also offers recommendations for kids, teen boys & girls, men & women... this is helpful to me because really? I have NO IDEA what people like.
And it beats the hell out of giving gift cards (which personally I LOVE to receive, but then I have to go SHOP with them, so, catch-22) when I can't think of anything else.

I'd like to thank the wonderful ladies at Mom Central for turning me on to SHOP.COM...they are my holiday saviors.

No comments: