Saturday, December 22, 2007

Dear Santa

My daughter always has...interesting...Christmas lists.
Like three years ago, when the list consisted of:

Bait
Fishing rod
Sailboat


Topping the list almost every year is batteries, because she knows that she'll get a stockingful of assorted sizes and FINALLY be able to use her flashlight and boombox again.

This year? Since she'll be a true teenager in a couple of months, I was expecting maybe nail polish, perfume, makeup (to which I would've said not only NO, but HELL no--at least to the make-up, not at twelve-almost-thirteen. Call me a Puritan if you want, I don't care, I won't have a tartlet), stuff like that. Instead?

Slides and slide covers for the microscope
Set of encyclopedias
New journal
Pokemon Diamond
Books


I have successfully managed to raise a nerd. At least she's not a hoochie.


P.S. I love nerds. And geeks are hot.

No comments: