Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all my wonderful friends (this includes the Daddies who pull double-duty).
I wish you the happiest of days.
momcake

Yes, this is really my cake. No, you cannot have it.
But I might be inclined to let you have a small slice.
Hey, it's cake. I'm selfish.



I'm one of the lucky people--I have two moms.
A wonderful mommy, and an equally wonderful step-mommy.
I'd be lost without them.
Thanks, Moms, for all the little things you do.
Like cookie pizza and pineapple upside-down cake on my birthday.
Like loaning me your convertible for a road trip.
Like making me Easter baskets and Valentine's Day baskets and Christmas stockings every year, even though I'm almost 40.

For all the meals you've cooked, for sitting in the bleachers during basketball games with a tube of superglue and my extra pair of glasses at the ready, for sweltering in the stands during all those softball seasons, for squinching your eyes closed and clinging to the door handle with a death-grip when I was learning to drive, for making my curtains, for giving me your last cup of laundry detergent because I was out and I just had to have that skirt washed right now, for these things and a million zillion more...

Thanks. I owe you.
Happy Mother's Day, Moms.

No comments: