Monday, April 30, 2007

A lot of things, only a couple of which are of any importance

First...
A big hug, smooch, and THANK YOU to my darling friend IcePrincezz (with whom I share a brain) for sending me THIS ITEM from my wishlist.
IT.IS.AWESOME!!!! Thank you, IcePrincezz!! xoxoxox


My irrational yet stupefying fear of bugs makes mowing the lawn a challenge.
We've got a zillion of those things that look like giant industrial-size mosquitos that roun' these parts we call Skeeter Eaters. Whether or not they actually eat skeeters is debatable...anyway, they swarmed me and I nearly lost my mind. *shudder*
Plus the innumerable crickets, grasshoppers, ticks, wasps, beetles, and those HORRID black things that fly in from outside and look like 4 inch long roaches. *gag**gag*
And even the butterflies. Pretty to look at, but I don't want them on me. And the yards of (please God, uninhabited) spider webs.
Now the sun is gone, the sky has clouded up, and I'm praying for rain so that I don't have to do the backyard today.


Speaking of mowing...
My daughter is going to be sad because I had to mow down her little cache of weeds wildflowers that she picks for me most every day.


Also speaking of mowing...
I was listening to some music whilst I worked, and every time I hear Carrie Underwood sing "Before He Cheats", I laugh when she says, "Right now, he's probably dabbin' on three dollars worth of that bathroom Polo" because it reminds me of the time B.C. (that's Before Children, although I'm nearly old enough for it to have meant the other kind of B.C.) when we used to go out dancin'. A boy might dance with me a few times, and when it got close to closing time (if he thought he might get lucky--HAHA! SUCKER!) he'd scurry off to the men's room and come back a few minutes later smelling of...you guessed it...Polo. Sometimes Obsession. Rarely Poison, for which I was glad because the stink of that makes me retch. I knew it had to've come from the machine in the bathroom, because their Wranglers were so tight that not only could I count the change in their pockets, there was not even a smidge of extra room in which to hide a bottle of cologne.


And to finish up with the mowing...
If any of you live close by and you're one of those freakish weird kooky outdoorsy people who really actually likes to mow, I will gladly work a little more overtime in order to pay you to come and do it for me. Because I really, really, really, really, really hate it. Really.


AND NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...
Time to reveal my MIXMANIA LIST!
Our theme this time? Time.
Now, I tend to take things more...literally...than most of my fellow Mixologists. I'm not capable of thinking around corners or outside the box, that particular streak of creativity is missing in me.
Nonetheless, I usually manage to come up with a decent mix, if a bit obvious.

Time is like liquid, conforming to whatever we need it to be...We spend time, we waste it, we take it, do it, and kill it. Time flies, it stands still, it slips away. We count it, measure it, in seconds, minutes, days, weeks, years...Sometimes there's plenty, sometimes there's none.
So if you were my MixMatch, here's what you got:

Disc One
Time - Alan Parsons Project
Hourglass - The Squeeze
New York Minute - The Eagles
Time For Me To Fly - REO Speedwagon
Taking My Time - Boston
One Minute - Kelly Clarkson
5 O'Clock World - The Vogues
The Best Of Times - Styx
Theme from "A Clockwork Orange" (aka Beethovenia) - From "A Clockwork Orange"
The Second Time Around - Shalimar
Wasted Time - The Eagles
Still Doing Time - George Jones
Killin' Time - Clint Black
Party All The Time - Eddie Murphy
Time Stood Still - Bad English
Feels Like The First Time - Foreigner
Time Of The Season - The Zombies
Time To Change - The Brady Bunch

Disc Two
No Time - The Guess Who
Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce
Good Timing - Jimmy Jones
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Minute by Minute - Doobie Brothers
Loving Every Minute Of It - Loverboy
Lovin' Every Minute - Mark Wills
60 Minute Man - Billy Ward & The Dominoes
Whatcha Waitin' For (TickTock) - Gwen Stefani
My Baby's Got Good Timing - Dan Seals
First Time For Everything - Little Texas
Cadillac, One Piece At A Time - Johnny Cash
Part Time Lover - Stevie Wonder
Bad Timing - Blue Rodeo
Tick Tock - Stevie Ray Vaughn
After Hours - Velvet Underground featuring Maureen "Mo" Tucker
Brand New Day - Sting
Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
Hour Follows Hour - Ani DiFranco
Time Warp - from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (I'd be disappointed if you didn't know that already)

Hope you enjoyed it, MixMatch!! :)


Did I mention that I'd buy you beer if you mow my lawn?
Consider it mentioned.


That is all.
Have a day.

No comments: