Friday, August 11, 2006

School Daze




I know that we all make mistakes (I for one never proofread before posting), but somehow it's funnier when the school supply list asks for a "ruer" (they'll rue the day!) and they staple an "attackment" to the enrollment forms.


And then as I was leaving the school I saw this written in shoe polish on some teen's back car window:
TAG! YOUR IT!
Nikis Babie


And of course the is were dotted with little hearts.
That dude should encourage Niki to pick up a book now and then.
Is all I'm saying.


There's something about this time of year that makes me work up a big ol' head of steam.
Must be the heat.

So I go enroll the kids yesterday...and now, even though my kids have been attending the same schools for the last 6 years, all of a sudden THEIR names have to be on my lease for proof of residence.

WHAT THE HELL?

Okay, when I moved into my house 7 years ago, I was (am!) pretty poor and my landlady left all the bills in her name so that I wouldn't have to pay any deposits and/or transfer fees.
So my proof of residence for enrollment is a lease.

NOW my children, MINORS, have to be written in on my lease?
For the love of God could someone please explain to me WHY?

Are children's names routinely included on the other proofs of residence: the electric, water, or gas bills?

NO. NO. AND NO.
They aren't.

So WHAT THE HELL?

WHY are there so many hoops to jump through?
I don't get it.

You HAVE to take my kids into your school.
They HAVE to attend school.

So why do 'they' try to make it more difficult to enroll them in the school that they MUST attend anyway?
What's the fucking point?

For crap's sake.


(**Note: this is in no way a reflection on any of the wonderful educators whom I love and admire, it is directed to the asshats who make the rules and don't even WORK IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM)


*grumble grumble*
Have a day.

No comments: