I never realized how many people consistently use "But I digress" until I try to cram all my blogreading into two days.
I swear I've already read that phrase 37 times today. And it's only 10AM.
Do you have any idea how much I love Friday mornings?
It's like a...big bowl of nothingness that I dive into with relish.
I work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday so I can have my deliciously delightful Friday-morning-nothings.
The kids are at school. Yeah.
I may go to the Thrift Store.
I may go to
I may go to the used book store.
I need to go to the grocery store...but I may put it off until tomorrow morning.
I may take a nap.
The choices are endless! It's quite liberating.
The only thing I can say with any certainty is that I will be going to Sonic for my Friday morning bacon-egg-cheese toaster sandwich and big ass coke. Although sometimes I go wild and get a SuperSonic Breakfast Burrito instead(made super-dee-dooper yummilicious with tomatoes, onions, tater tots, and jalapenos).
I always keep my date with Sonic.
As Mother's Day quickly approaches (and yes, I'm completely UNPREPARED and I have TWO mothers to pay homage to), I dug into my archives so that I could present you with
5. My daughter's favorite CD is David Cassidy & The Partridge Family.
Shut up, it was a gift. Yeah. Yeah, a gift. I didn't buy it...mmm mmm, no sirree Bob.
4. I have taught my daughter the words to the song "Leprosy". You know, the one sung to the tune of "Yesterday". And also The Lumberjack Song from Monty Python.
3. I have also recently been teaching my daughter to play Texas Hold 'Em and Blackjack. I feel these are basic, useful skills that every 11 year old needs.
Plus she might want to be a professional gambler someday. You never know.
2. I allow her to play Hoyle Casino which is installed on my computer, even tho' she persists in calling it "Holy Casino". Hey, she made more than 3K yesterday playin' the ponies.
1. Last weekend I tried to coerce my daughter into tasting a dog treat.
She fooled me.
She took a bite.
Man, I love that kid. :)
That is all.