Sunday, December 18, 2005

We're having a party...

...and you're all invited!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FTS!

Yes, it is our darling FTS's BIRTHDAY! I think he's 29. But I could be wrong about that.
Please go stop by his wonderful place and tell him a big Happy Birthday, okay?


Please visit my tenant, Plaid Toaster. Boys, she's got a post titled using the word Boobies. I know how intriguing you find this word.
Tell her Monty sent you, yes? Thank you. Santa is watching.



As we head down the homestretch to Christmas, I worry that I will be too busy for much blogging and worse~I will be too busy for much blog-reading.

To free up as much time as possible I am declaring this (at least HERE) to be
The Week Of MeMes


I am happy to do this because:
1. I don't have to use my brain at all, I can just pile up my drafts and post one every day
and
B. Norman hates Memes.

Feel free to play along. We could start a National Meme Week. Who's with me?


Monday's Meme

I haven't seen this one before~~and I stole it from my favorite author/composer/musician/wonderful person Steph.
Please read instructions carefully.

1. Take five books off your bookshelf. (I just closed my eyes & grabbed 5~you can do it however you want)

2. Book #1 -- first sentence: "It's so dark that for awhile--just how long I don't know--I think I'm still unconscious."

3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page 50: "Your father's been killed in an accident."


4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page 100: "They all assumed he had suffered a fatal heart attack."


5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page 150: "Around three-thirty."


6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book: "Finally, a sport I could enjoy."

7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
"Your father's been killed in an accident. Around three-thirty. They all assumed he had suffered a fatal heart attack. It's so dark that for awhile--just how long I don't know--I think I'm still unconscious. Finally, a sport I could enjoy."


Man, what have I been reading?

The books I used:
1. Everything's Eventual, Stephen King
2. The Prophet, Frank E. Peretti
3. A Fever In The Heart and Other True Cases, Ann Rule
4. Last Dance, Ed McBain
5. Hard Eight, Janet Evanovich


And that concludes Monday's Meme.

As always, if you decide to play (or make it a Meme Week), let me know so that I can admire your answers.

No comments: