Wednesday, September 07, 2005

How early is TOO early?

To shave or not to shave?

Okay ladies, mommies...need a little help.

My babies' daddy *snicker* had the oh so dominant genes. My children have his brown hair, brown eyes, cute little noses, dimples, and...excessive body hair.

My poor little girl has seriously furry hairy legs.
Doesn't particularly bother her, or me.

Except...

There are a couple of little girls in her class that make fun of her about this. Frequently. Daily.
Now, my daughter doesn't get overly upset..but she does get her feelings hurt. Under normal circumstances I would not advocate leg-shaving for 10-year-olds...but this is my kid we're talking about. And yes, I have long since discovered that I'm overly protective.

So advise me...do I ignore it in favor of the notion that kids will always find some reason to make fun of one another, or do I haul out the Lady Bic and shaving cream?

No comments: