Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What's on my shelf?

Now, this game required some serious thought. Thanks, Brian, for making me have to think. You know how much I hate that.
;)

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

First I have to say that I haven't read this book since about 7th grade...I'm a little vague on the details. However, if I had to choose a book to memorize...I would be known as Anne...as in The Diary of Anne Frank. It is a story that ought to never be forgotten. Ever.


2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Of course! In fact, up until I was 7 years old, I was completely convinced that someday I would marry Underdog. And naturally I've had a crush on the hero of every romance novel I've ever read...especially those Scottish Lairds...*sigh* Oh, and Luke from Gilmore Girls, played by (yummy) actor Scott Patterson.

3. The last book you bought is:

I think the last one was The Conspiracy Club by Jonathan Kellerman.
It has been entirely too long since I went book-shopping.

4. The last book you read:

The last book was a RE-read...The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower by Stephen King. I loves me some SK. Any time, any place, over & over.

5. What are you currently reading?

I have three books in various stages of completion next to my bed...Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Prodigal Son, The Last Best Hope by Ed McBain, and an old favorite, Swan Song, by Robert R. McCammon


6. Five books you would take to a deserted island…and why?

Could I count a set of Encyclopedias as one book? No? Then...
First and foremost:
The Sas Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea by John Wiseman. Need I state the obvious reason?

2. Like many other people, I'd take along a Bible...I'd choose the NIV (New International Version)~much easier to make sense of. I figure that finding time to (finally) read it and do some soul searching wouldn't be much of a problem...

3. I'd take The Oscar Wilde Anthology, because I'd need to laugh to keep my sanity. That dude was nuts...but funny.

4. The Stand: Expanded Edition: For the First Time Complete and Uncut by Stephen King...because
A)It's really, really thick, and
B)I've read it so many times already, I know I'll enjoy it.

5. And finally, Works of Mark Twain, Complete and Unabridged...because who needs an excuse to read Samuel L. Clemens?

I was going to bring The Complete Unabridged Works of Shakespeare...but it appears that everyone else is already taking that to their deserted islands, and there weren't any copies left. Typical.

7. What 3 bloggers are you going to pass the stick to, and why?
You mean I'm not supposed to actually hit them with the stick? That takes all the fun out of it.
So I'm passing it to all the other bibliophiles out there...go forth, and read.

No comments: