Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Imagine all the people...

but first...

I am a horrible, horrible mother.
I have discovered that the top of my head actually comes off when I try to help my daughter with division.
I attribute this to the fact that I come from the Jethro Bodine School of Gazintas.
****BREAKING NEWS*****
Tomorrow I will be having a day of mourning for my beloved Constantine, who was just voted off American Idol.
I am now certain that the results are rigged.
According to the AI website earlier today...Creepy Guy Scott was in LAST place.
All I can say is, Scott~you're one lucky creep.


Now then. Many of you have a favorite book or two.
Or five.
Or a hundred. Or so.
Me too. Many of you may also have a favorite series of books, with recurring characters. Like...
Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware.
Or J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas.
Lawrence Sanders's Edward X. Delaney or Archie McNally.
Perhaps Iris Johansen's Eve Duncan.
Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta.
John Sandford's Lucas Davenport.
Or Stephen King's Roland of Gilead.
Ed McBain's Matthew Hope or even the entire 87th Precinct.
Thomas Harris's Hannibal Lecter.
Maybe Perri O'Shaughnessy's Nina Reilly.
I could go on like this all day, for I have many more favorites....but I'll spare you.

Do you ever imagine that they might make a movie from your favorite book series?
And do you wonder who they might get to play your favorite characters?
Or is that just me?

So today's exercise is...well, you can each consider this a personal interview.
I have two questions just for you...and if you should decide to post your answers on your own blog, please drop me a comment so that I might come and admire your answers.
Or you can just answer here, in the comment section. Either way. Ready?


Pretend you are a casting director.
1. If you were to make a movie of your favorite character(s) in a book series...what actor(s) would you choose to play them, and why?

2. If you were to make a movie of your favorite blog author (based on what you read there), what actor/actress would you choose to play that author? (you may choose more than one if you like)

On your mark, get set...GO!

No comments: