Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Foggy-Bottom Blues

I do love the fog. Woke up this morning to find visibility at about 1/8 of a mile. YIPPEE! My favorite fog is in the evening time, when it's so thick that you can barely see your hand in front of your face, and everything sounds as muffled as if it were wrapped in cotton.

I wish it were a season.

So, anyway, the Sperm Donor called last night. *sigh*
(For those of you who don't know, he's an X-Ray tech~~yeah, I put him through school before we split up, thanks a pant-load, jackass~~and he contracts out to various hospitals throughout the country. He's been in Ohio for the last 6 months.)
Okay.
Evidently his contract is up this week, and he'll be 'blazing through OKLA' on his way to visit his new wife's kids. Don't get me wrong, I like New Wife. She's an okay gal, as far as that goes, even if she is considerably older than he. And has kids ranging in age from near 30 to 8 (and even a grandkid). No problemo, she's perfectly nice. PLUS she ensures that I get my teensy tinsy bit of child support~bless her pointed little head!
But she does have a disturbing tendency to forget that she's not the only parent with absentee children that need a-visitin'.
I sincerely hope that she doesn't make it necessary for me to remind her.

So Sperm Donor says he'll be in town possibly Saturday, but maybe not until Sunday...depends on how things go. He'd like to get the kids overnight.

Gee, do you mean one whole night? Are you quite certain that you can spare the time?
And get real, freak...don't act like you're going to be taking our son along on the overnight visit~you never do. Because in your very own words.."He's a handful to get around."

No shit, Sherlock? What was your first effing clue?
I do it every day. It's really not that big of a deal.
Is it really too much for me to ask that you take BOTH children (they ARE both yours, you know!) for a visit? Since it's only going to be overnight, anyway?

DOESN'T MOMMY DESERVE SOME FREE TIME TOO!?

5 comments:

Dividual Reality said...

What an idiot. Now I know why you asked me if 'The Idiot Next to Me' was your ex.

Want me to roll him?

*slow evil grin*

Christine said...

Oh Gee, you don't live with them, and you haven't seen them in how long? And it's too much work for you to take them over night?!?

I hope he gets some sense knocked into him! You absolutely deserve the time off, and the kids deserve the time with their dad!

Anonymous said...

My first wife left me and her son when he was 3 years old. No visits, no support, no calls. Good riddance. He is now 34 and grew up just fine. My suggestion to you is to be thankful for what you've got, get on with your life and take away the power the sperm donor has over you. Refocus your energies to raising your children and quit blaming someone else for your mistake. You know there are some men just looking for a warm place to put their penis. You, the woman, has to power to say yes or no.

Politically Homeless said...

Oh man. Can I ever relate to this post. I've been there...hell, I'm still there.

Shannon akaMonty said...

thanks (almost) everyone for your support! :) Feels nice to have people understand!

PHIL, whilst I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment and voice your opinion, MY suggestion to YOU is that you don't read something into my post that isn't there. I wasn't blaming ANYONE for what you call 'my mistake'...because I certainly don't think of my children as a mistake. By extension, that means I can't consider their dad a mistake either. What I take issue with is the way he does (or doesn't) treat his children. I have devoted every second of my time to raising my children, and therefore have no energies that need 're-focusing'. I do not complain about my situation, I do not whine about what a struggle it is every day, or the fact that I gave up a lucrative career in order to spend time with my children~because they come first. Always. It's my job, and I love it. But don't even YOU need a small vacation once in awhile?