Thursday, June 18, 2020

Lazy AF Cooking with Bonus Lazy AF leftover recipes

I know, I know, since the whole quarantine thing many of you are actually using your time wisely (whatEVER) and actually expanding and practicing and improving your cooking skills because seriously what else do you have to do?

I'm a lazy AF cook on my best day - I mean I don't mind cooking, and sometimes I would actually like it, but when your kitchen is the size of a postage stamp and the only counter space you actually have is about 2 square feet on each side of the sing and head-blocked by the overhanging cabinets - it's difficult and you have to learn how to improvise and use shortcuts.

So if you're more like me, here are a couple of easy-peasy things that don't require much thought or extra ingredients or time.

IT ME.



Put a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your crockpot/slow cooker/instantpot.
(or thighs if you want. I don't care)
Put a block of cream cheese on top.
Cover it all with a jar of Pace Picante sauce. (I use medium, but you can use hot or mild if you're a weirdo)
Put the lid on and slow cook on low for around 6 hours.
Shred with forks.
Plop some on a warm tortilla and eat.
If you feelin' fancy, add a dollop of sour cream or guac, or lettuce & tomato.
You do you, Boo.

DAY 2 LEFTOVERS:
Roll up leftover chicken mess into leftover tortillas. (flour or corn, whatever, tho' I use flour for this)
Put roll-ups seam side down in a casserole dish.
Open a jar of alfredo sauce and mix in a can of Ro-Tel and maybe a little can of green chiles.
Pour over roll-ups and then you can sprinkle some mozzarella over top of that (if you want. Or not)
Cover with foil and put in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and put back in oven for about 10 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
VOILA - CHICKEN ENCHILADAS.



Get a whole chicken. Massage it aaaaalllll over with some olive oil, a little minced garlic (or fresh. or powder. Whatever you already got in your cabinet), salt & pepper. Got rosemary or thyme? Groovy, add that on if you want. IDC.
If you have a lemon or an onion you can shove that up the chicken bum.

I like to roast mine for 15 minutes at 425 and then turn the oven down to 350 for about 20 minutes per pound. Make sure you stab it with your meat thermometer in the middle of the breast & the thigh & check if it's 165°.
Make some kind of veg to go on the side, I generally will put some asparagus, broccoli, & cauliflower covered in olive oil/salt/pepper on a baking sheet on the top rack over the chicken, for the last 30 minutes.
EAT THE DELICIOUS CRISPY SKIN FIRST and ENJOY.

DAY 2 LEFTOVERS, V. 1
Pick leftover chicken off bone. Heat in microwave.
Throw it in a saucepan and pour a jar of alfredo sauce on it, heat slowly while stirring.
If you have any asparagus left over, toss that in the sauce too.
Boil whatever noodles/veggie spirals/spaghetti squash.
Pour sauce over noodle-y stuff. EAT and ENJOY.

DAY 2 LEFTOVERS V. 2
Pick leftover chicken off the bone.
Cook some rice (I use boil in a bag or the instant pot).
Mix rice, chicken, leftover vegetables, a can of cream of mushroom/cream of chicken/cheddar cheese soup - any or all).
Call it casserole and eat.

DAY 2 LEFTOVERS V. 3
Pick leftover chicken off the bone.
Open a bag of frozen mixed peppers and onions (or cut your own julienne slices fresh, Fancypants)
Saute the peppers & onions in a little olive oil and whatever seasoning you want - maybe a little soy sauce or worcestershire (I don't know how to spell that so shut it I DON'T CARE AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT SO), maybe a little cooking wine, seasoned salt, whatever you like.
Add the chicken in once the peppers start getting tender.
When chicken is hot and veggies are how crunchy/tender you like them, grab your tortillas and VOILA, FAJITAS.
Once again, sour cream/guac/salsa/cheese if you like.



Tune in next week for more Lazy AF Cooking, unless I'm too lazy to post it.

3 comments:

Natsthename said...

Lazy AF but delicious, I'm sure. It's the way to go.

I do a LAZY AF eye of round. Salt and pepper that sucker, turn on the oven to 500 and heat that thing (yeah, I know it's summer, but it's only on for a few minutes). Put the roast in a roasting pan and throw it in the hotter n hell oven for 7 minutes per pound, then turn off the oven. Let the roast sit in the oven for 3 hours. Take out and slice.

LEFTOVERS: Chop the meat (I use the really old circa 198Osomething Oscar mini food processor I have cuz it still works. Just cut the roast into big chunks and chop it up with the processor.) Get your cast iron pan really hot, add a tbsp or so of oil and saute some onions and any other veg you want to stick in the hash. Take that stuff out and add small diced potatoes or sweet potatoes. Brown them. Add the meat and veg back in and brown it all. I like to throw in some bacon sometimes and if I use sweet taters, I throw in craisins. (Trust me) Fry some eggs to your taste (I like over easy) and serve over top of that hash.

I like your style, girl!

Shannon akaMonty said...

Woo thanks Nat! Your recipe and leftovers sound DELICIOUS too, and right up my Lazy alley. :) Thanks, Ima try this out next week! xoxo

The New US Publishing said...

Great reading your bblog post