Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One of my finest moments.

Well, one of many, many such moments.

When I was a hotel GM I got to go to New Orleans for the first time to help open a new property.
I'm good at that kind of crap.
ANYWAY.

About 15 of us went for dinner at a little hole-in-the-wall cafe that my local counterparts had recommended.

Waitress: "Today's special, y'all got balled shrimp."

Me:: thinking-- did she say balled shrimp? or BALD shrimp? And what the fuck is that anyway?

Me: "Excuse me, does that mean shrimp balls?"

A moment of shocked silence at the table. All eyes turned toward me. Then the roof raised with the sound of laughter.

Then the waitress made it even better when she said (after wiping the tears from her eyes) "No hon, it's where we put the shrimp in a pot and ball it."

OH. BOILED.

Good times.
I am made of Teh Coolness.




some days I feel invisible.
Even when I'm not trying to use my superpower.




No comments: