Sunday, July 13, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane

Oh. Em. Gee.

It's Sunday. I leave for BlogHer on THURSDAY. THURSDAY! I haven't got anything accomplished yet - except for a sassy new haircut (and an eyebrow wax - second one EVER - but we won't talk about that. Except BEAUTY TIP: Do NOT get your waxing done at SuperCuts. Is all I'm saying).

I've been feeling pretty nervous about the whole shebang, then I read THIS from Mamacita awhile ago and now I'm terrified.
Everything she said is exactly what I thought.

Did I mention that I'm lucky enough to room with Mamacita? And I was totally counting on her to talk me down off the ledge...

Plus also I know that a three or four of the "popular" Okie girls (okay, they don't follow me on twitter nor read my blog - I'm SO not the cool one) are going to be at BlogHer speaking on panels as well...and they intimidate me.
What if I see one of them in the airport? What if they pretend not to notice me?

More importantly... what if I recognize everyone and when I go try to speak to them, I get a bunch of blank looks?
What if NO ONE KNOWS ME?
I'm frightened.
Hold me.

If you want, you can all send me your flight itineraries - maybe some of you are ALSO connecting in Denver. Failing that, I just want to say one more thing:

If you are at an airport (or ANYWHERE ELSE, for that matter) and you see a woman looking utterly lost, dazed, terrified, and WEARING THIS SHIRT, come and give me a hug, won't you? Pretend like you know me.




and now for something completely different...

Guess what? My podcast finally broke into the Top 500 on podomatic.com, THANKS TO YOU! Check it out!

Also, the PODCAST of Friday Night Live featuring special guests (Podcast Beefcake)Tee Morris and Sex-Kitten/Librarian Philippa Ballantine is up and ready for your consumption!


That is all.
Have a day.

No comments: