Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm not nitpicky.


Really. I'm SO NOT. I don't like to pick the nits.
DO.NOT.
See, lice and nits fall under that whole "any kind of bugs touching my skin FREAKS ME OUT!" umbrella.
I was lucky as a youngster; I never had lice. Never, not once.
Which now strikes me as having dodged a bullet, since all my girlfriends and I shared brushes, combs, hats, and jackets.
My sister, though? She had lice about 4 times, and I laughed and laughed and made fun of her.

BIG mistake. HUGE.

Because the first month of kindergarten, I got a call from my daughter's school.
Yep.
"Come pick up your girl, she's got head lice."

OH.EM.GEE.
I had no idea how to deal with it.

I was all OH, no PROBLEM, I'll get some of that lice shampoo and comb her hair and BAM! No more lice.

And I did that (gagging a few times & shuddering & ceaselessly scratching my head and neck). Sent her back to school the next day...yeah, you guessed it: "Come pick up your daughter, she's still got lice."

Let me tell you, she spent a whole week at home and I spent that week practically in tears because I COULD NOT GET ALL THE DAMN THINGS OUT.
Stupid little teeny comb. Stupid stick-on lice. Stupid BUG-O-PHOBIA.
Mean Mom wouldn't help.

Two months later...SHE GOT IT AGAIN.
I almost just shaved her head that time.
Luckily good sense prevailed & I did NOT shave her head...but she did get a really cute (and very short) pixie cut. Well, sort of. I called it a pixie because it was short and uneven and sort of shaggy, because let's face it - hair-cutting is not where my talent lies.

ANYWAY. I used Rid those times (and I'm sure that's a name many of you are very familiar with), but I wanted to let you know about a PESTICIDE FREE lice treatment that's available now, LICE MD.
It's pediatrician tested, it helps prevent re-infestation, and -BEST OF ALL!- has a proven 100% effective comb.
AND you can reapply as needed! And it isn't STINKY!
I wish I'd've had Lice MD back then...but you can bet I'll be giving it a shot if there's a next time.

Check out their website: http://www.LiceMD.com

Now excuse me, I need to go wash my hair. And scratch.

No comments: