Saturday, July 28, 2007

An oldie but a goodie

Okay, so I'm trying to get my kids some lunch...I hope you don't mind that I went into the dusty, cobwebby blog-corners to pull out an old post.
If you do mind, too fuckin' bad. :)


**originally posted 5/26/06


Now, today's post idea was stolen straight from the delicious and brilliant GRINS. You should visit her. She cracks my ass sideways.
ANYWAY.
It is a pictorial review of...
A Day In The Life Of Monty

I chose a workday because as boring as that is, it is still better than my weekends. That would be a quick review, with a picture of the television and a picture of the computer.

Come spend the day with me, won't you?


Oh dear. It is early, isn't it?
I hope I didn't scare you.
I call this stage "Incoherence"...


...if you try to talk to me during this phase, you will most likely be answered with animal-like grunts and perhaps a violent shove as I make my way to the
Prime Objective...
Coffee

Aaaah, much better. Now I can speak.
Okay, time to get everyone ready.
Child #1 off to school...The Walker.
We've caught her in the lookback/kiss-blow/wave maneuver:


That little boy in yellow? The one who rode her double on his bike. *sigh*

Now Child #2 hits the bus. He does not look happy:
BubOnBus

OH. I suppose I should introduce you to one of my pets, Sammy The Squirrel.
He lives in my side yard.
I think he may be feeling a little under the weather, because he hasn't been very active lately.
Wave to the people, Sammy!


Do you think I should take him to the vet?
Oh well.
Did you know that in the whole of Midwest City, there's no STARBUCKS?? (**edit: there is NOW)
So I stop in the mornings at my local Pseudo-Starbucks, right around the corner from my house, for my Triple Shot Venti Mocha Latte.
It's called "The Underground"


They have free WiFi, so sometimes I take my computer in and sit for an hour or two on my day off...
WiFi

Be a lot easier on me if I had a laptop.
Toting that tower around gets heavy.
Anyway. Off to the job. Here's a main reason I don't mind the 30 minute commute to work every day~even at 8:30 am, no traffic!
Traffic

Here's a college campus I pass twice a day, and I always wave and shout "HI AMANDA!!, because she works there:


One of my favorite parts of the drive to work is going around the lake..isn't it pretty? I do love this area:


Time for work now! Here we are.
This is the sight that greets me every morning when I open the door:


Good thing I'm not claustrophobic. Want a little tour?
Okay, this next room is where we
make Jaime Gumb Brand Suits O'Flesh
take pictures of the beautiful(?) clothes:


"It puts the lotion on its skin..."
Lotion

How did that get in there? Creepy.
So, here are my underlings
drones
co-workers...
Underlings

I am the boss of them.
HAHA!
But those bad girls don't always mind me, especially when I tell them to do stuff like Go get me a mocha frappuccino. Dammit.
Now, here is the place where I will spend my day, from 9am to 7pm...
desk

Gee, how interesting is that? Wow. I rock.
If I lean a little to my right, this is the view out my window (and one of the 1,000 Reasons I Love My Job):


I like to take a little break now & then to sit on the grass and watch the water lap the shoreline. You know how after awhile it feels like you're the one moving?
Yeah, that's cool.

Whew, it's been a long day, hasn't it? Time to head for home.
Here's our big 'downtown' area...actually it's sort of pretty when the light hits it just right:
downtown

I didn't say that now was one of those times.
Almost home now!
OH! Here's the place just around the corner, where I plan to take MommaK for dinner whenever she decides to visit me...
Rib Crib:


Yum.
AAAaahhh, finally home again, home again, jiggety jig:


And my tired old eyes are refreshed when I see this beautiful sight riding toward me:
Horseback

See, I usually get home from work at about 7:45-ish, so I don't cook dinner on work days. We eat out at a local restaurant which, fortuitously, is within walking distance. Right next door, in fact!
It is called The House Of My Mom, although the little people in my neighborhood refer to it as Grandma's House:


It even has outdoor seating for those lovely summer nights.
Always the best in homestyle food, I can tell you.
It is so very homestyle, in fact, that I have to fix my own plate:
Salad

mmmmm...homemade taco salad. Delish.
I really should start tipping, although I do wash my dishes sometimes.
Next, a little conversation with the proprietress of The House Of My Mom, who declined to have her photo taken. A little TV, then a half-hour or so on this thing:
treadmill

I'd show you my real one that resides in my bedroom, but then you'd see how messy my room is...with the piles of shoes, the stacks and boxes of books, the thick layer of dust on the TV...
Believe me when I say you're better off not knowing.

*yaaaaawn* It's been a long day, hasn't it? I'm tired.
And we've come full circle, as I crawl into bed for a nice snooze so that I can begin it all over again tomorrow.
WakeUp

Say, thanks for spending the day with me.
G'nite.

No comments: