Monday, March 05, 2007

2 days late and 2 dollars short

Forgive me, I was unavailable this weekend (and no, unfortunately I wasn't doing anything exciting and/or naughty. More's the pity).
I was supposed to REVEAL ALL on Saturday for MIXMANIA...I know that you're all panting in antici.....................................................

.............................................................pation, so here we go!


If you'll recall, I mentioned that I used TWO themes and put them under the umbrella title of Reading Rainbow.

One theme came to me easily...at least, the concept did. But I was having trouble finding songs to go with it without being dreadfully obscure.

So I chose another (and easier!)(and obvious!) theme and kept the original as a "bonus".

Without further ado....


Theme 1: Color My World
This one was easy as I'd just used the same theme on my radio show.

Disc 1:
123 Red Light - 1910 Fruitgum Company
Bad Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce
Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
Black Horse & Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Blue Monday - New Order
Scarlet Fever - Kenny Rogers
Forever In Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond
Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac
Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd
Green Onions - Booker T & The MGs
Hooray For Hazel - Tommy Roe
Mellow Yellow - Donovan
Pink - Aerosmith
Blue Skies - Ella Fitzgerald
Red Rubber Ball - Cyrkle
Silver Blue & Gold - Bad Company
Roses Are Red (My Love) - Bobby Vinton
Suite Madam Blue - Styx
Paint It Black - Rolling Stones
Blue Eyes Cryin' In The Rain - Willie Nelson

DISC 2:
Whiter Shade Of Pale - Annie Lennox
Babysitting Blues - Elisabeth Shue, Adv. In Babysitting
Turquoise Boy - Sonic Youth
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Blue Eyes - Elton John
Something In Red - Lorrie Morgan
Blue Morning, Blue Day - Foreigner
Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
Green Eyed Lady - Sugarloaf
Little Red Riding Hood - Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs
Bluer Than Blue - Michael Johnson
Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues
Purple Rain - Prince
Ride The White Horse - Laid Back
Ruby - Kenny Rogers
Coat Of Many Colors - Dolly Parton

(I actually have many more "color" songs, but that would have been yet another disc and four seems a little excessive, even to me)


Theme 2 ("BONUS" Theme): BY THE BOOK
My original idea...songs about/featuring works of (or characters in) literature.
Well, I thought it was clever.

BONUS DISC 3:
Tom Sawyer - Rush (The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain)
Rocket Man - Elton John (The Rocket Man short story in The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury)
1984 - David Bowie (1984 by George Orwell)
Wuthering Heights - Pat Benetar (Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte)
Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult (okay, this one doesn't technically qualify, but it's a favorite song of mine)
Just Like Romeo & Juliet - The Reflections (do I really need to explain this one?)
A Picture Of Dorian Gray - The Futureheads (The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde)
Lolita - Elefant (Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov)
Who Wrote Holden Caulfield? - Green Day (The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger)
My Antonia - Emmylou Harris & Dave Matthews (My Antonia by Willa Cather)
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner - Iron Maiden (Rime Of The Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge)
Love Song For A Vampire - Annie Lennox (Dracula by Bram Stoker)


Happy Freakin' Monday.
That is all.

No comments: