Monday, February 12, 2007

Do I need to draw you a picture?

You know the drill.
And if you don't, you should. You're a multi-tasker, right? So you can listen and work at the SAME TIME. How exciting!

**BONUS: Special dedication to all my pretend boyfriends.




I was wondering how many times a day you want to smack someone and say, "Seriously? It's time to get over yourself."

I'd tell you how many times it is for me, but I really don't think I can count that high.


To Brag...

The Junior High music teachers visited my little pixie's school last week...let the 5th graders play with some of the instruments and then they took some sort of music aptitude test wherein they watched a video and then answered questions.

First, let me say that I'm so not musically inclined.
I mean, I am when it comes to feeling music, listening to it and enjoying it...but I never played an instrument.
I can't even read music. Although I DID teach myself to play the opening bit of "Greensleeves" by ear.
Anyway.

My daughter had told me that the music teacher was impressed with the way she played the--of all things--slide trombone. And the clarinet. And the viola.
THEN last night the jr. high music teacher called me at home to tell me that Becca had scored very high on the aptitude test and hoped that I'd let her take band.

Guess I'm going to have to go get a clarinet. Or slide trombone. She decided to pass on the viola...but sort of likes the cello.
I hope she passes on the cello too, since it's about 2 feet taller than she is.

When she was about 3 years old, she'd take her little keyboard and sit in front of the television and try to play along with the theme songs and commercial jingles...rhythmically, she was actually pretty good.

And then the drum set.
Oy.

I'm not quite sure how I'll be able to handle the practice sessions...

but damn if I'm not proud of the little brat.

.

No comments: