Friday, March 10, 2006

Monty For President... SAAHweet.

I told MommaK yesterday that if I was running for president, one of the planks in my platform would be that every house is furnished, by law, with a maid if they so desire.
Naturally, my house (the White House, because I would win) would be first on the list.

Now, can I count on your vote?


I thought it would be awkward...but it wasn't.
I thought it would be strange...but it wasn't.

I'd hoped it would be fun...and it was.
I'd hoped there would be laughter...and there was.

I thought I'd be paying...but I didn't.
Although I intended to. (thanks again for lunch!)
I thought I might be nervous...but I wasn't.

So, I had lunch with an ex-boyfriend yesterday. We were together for about four years, and we haven't seen or spoken to each other in the last two years.
I rarely, if ever, open a door that I have shut on a relationship.
I don't really see the point. If someone has broken my heart, or if I have broken theirs, I don't go out of my way to be "friends".
Usually when I'm done, I'm done.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Fin.

But...

As I remarked to him at one point...it is amazing how, with some people, you can fall right back into a rhythm, a pattern of speaking, a way of being, as though you never missed a beat.

That was the only weirdness.

It was a dont-have-to-suck-in-your-stomach, so-what-if-you-trip-over-a-chair sort of day.
Which I did.
Trip over the chair, that is.


That is all.

No comments: