Monday, March 06, 2006

Mona Lisa Smile

I was terrified.
My daughter looked at me this morning....and smiled.

ME: "What? What's funny?"
SHE: *smile*
ME: "WHAT?"
SHE: "Nothing."
ME: "Tell me or you're grounded."
SHE: *smile* I was just thinking it would be funny if Clinton and Stacy were taping you when you go to work today."

I nearly swallowed my tongue as I ran to peek out the windows for any suspicious looking characters carrying video cameras.

Then I looked down at my daily uniform sweat pants and wrinkled tee shirt with a hole in it and prayed that she was just messing with me.
Especially since my bathroom scale squealed in protest when I stepped on it this morning.
I won't tell you what it said, but there was some fairly creative swearing involved.

Luckily, my daughter's brain works in strange and mysterious ways (much like her mother's), and she was just thinking out loud.
I'm sure of it.
I hope.
Pray for me.


I was changing my son and realized I was out of baby wipes...

...so I had to use a moist towelette.

The feminine kind.
Made by Massengill.

On the upside, I'm sure his behind was fresh as a daisy all day.


An issue with analyzing subtext and sub-plots of great works of literature, breaking it down word by word to discuss the symbolism and what the author was thinking...

Sometimes a good story is just a good story.

Is all I'm sayin'.


That is all.
Have a day.

No comments: