Sunday, March 06, 2005

Jumping on the bandwagon...or falling off the turnip truck

I never realized QUITE how mundane and ordinary my life was until I tried to think of TEN WHOLE unusual things about it.
Ah well.

10 Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't
(unless your life is as ridiculous as mine is)

1. I have hung upside down from a rope, suspended in midair by a helicopter

2. I have been on the National News

3. I have given birth via the normal route AND C-Section within 56 minutes of each other

4. I have engaged in conversation with Tone Loc

5. I have been sweated on by Russell Crowe (it sounds more exciting than it was)

6. I have had a straw wrapper blown at me off the end of a straw by country singer (has-been) Doug Stone

7. I have exchanged angry words with one of the Dixie Chicks

8. I began an acquaintanceship with Greg Mullavey (Tom Hartman of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), and he took me backstage after watching him perform King Lear

9. I have walked in on someone I didn't know shortly after they attempted suicide.

10. I have been serenaded by oboe with "The Girl From Ipanema"

13 comments:

Cara said...

OH MY GOSH! You are correct... I have never experienced any of those things. However, I am friends with Renee Zellweger (we went to high school together) and I did eat lunch with Muhammed Ali when I was about 10 years old.
How have you had so may brushes with "fame"? Actually, they are just regular people like you and I who happen to be really good at something and make a lot of money doing it. lol Anyway, I'm sorry that you had to walk in after a suicide. That must have been terrible. The closest thing to death that I've ever experienced is my own...I was probably 2-3 minutes from dying if my hubby hadn't have found me...long story...but, I didn't try to commit suicide I was over-medicated at the ER. Scary!

Anonymous said...

i think i should close up my blog and scurry off in a humialtes hurry. if i made a list it would just not be interesting. every single list i've read has been very interesting, lncluding yours. i think i better go do something crazy later, just to save facce!

;)

Anonymous said...

That's a really good list, Monty - wow!! Do tell about Russell Crowe! You sold me the whole seat, but I'm only using the edge of it... :)

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I know my list would not be that cool. I think I may try one though- I may only get to 5...

I am very curious about #1, 4,5 & 7. You should elaborate. Don't leave us all hanging:-)

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I'm here right now because Michele sent me but I'm here all the time anyway. I think if I posted my list, people would fall asleep, slide off their chairs, hit the floor, break a bone, and hate me forever for being boring. Yours, on the other hand, is fascinating. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Great list! Now you've made me want to make one...of course, I'll give you the credit and a link.

The Russell Crowe thing is intriguing...care to expand on that?

True Jersey Girl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I am now returning the favor! Okay, spill it. Tell us about Russell Crowe already.

Kimberly said...

OK- I did mine. Don't get mad about the Dallas thing...

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michelle Sent Me :)

SeeingDouble said...

Um, yeah... you definitely need to tell us about these! Details, I need details!! BTW, your interview questions are up on my site, come check them out, I can't wait to read your responses! :)

elle said...

Very cool list!! I want the follow up info!! I saved the 'mad libs' site to do later when I can waste some time! I always LOVED mad libs. Those were my favorite. Remember the Yes & Know boods with the special markers. Hours of fun.

Sleeping Mommy said...

Very interesting list. I love reading other people's lists like this.

Politically Homeless said...

Ok, you've got me. I've never done any of those things. I have been on local news a few times but that doesn't count.

I don't think I'd want Russell Crowe to sweat on me anyway!