Monday, July 30, 2007

Final Thoughts...after a few hours of sleep.

I think the Blogathon is a lot like childbirth.

I mean, last year I participated, had a great time, raised a lot of money (okay, yeah, none of that is at ALL like childbirth, just go with me here). I remember being really tired, but obviously it wasn't so bad that I didn't sign up to do it again.

LAST night, about 18 or 19 hours into the blogathon, I.Was.Wiped.
Seriously. Right, I didn't do the radio thing last year, and I did six hours THIS year, so that added to the whole exhaustion thing.
But there were times when I knew I was going to have to drop out because I was JUST SO TIRED (and in fact I most likely wouldn't have made it if not for Jeckles; he stuck right with me and reminded me to post and kept me company--but don't tell him I said he was a nice guy).

I tumbled into bed at about 9am and slept for three hours...I've sort of been zombified most of the day.

And now it's just after midnight and I feel fine and dandy, and I'm thinking "oh, it wasn't so bad! I will totally do it again next year! No sweat!"

Like childbirth.
Once it's over, you forget about the pain and focus on what you brought to life.

Yeah. Like that.

No comments: