Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Humbled and hat in hand...

So, my parents want to retire.
In case you didn't know, my mom & her husband (my dad-dad-daddy-o by adoption) own the place where they, my sister, and I work.
They want to sell it. Immediately, if not sooner.

That can only mean one thing...very, very soon, I'm going to have to find gainful employment.
*sigh*
Gone will be the days of working just while the kids are in school...of being able to take off at a moment's notice to pick up a sick child from school or attend a music program that I wasn't notified about until the night before...
Most employers (and I speak from experience here) frown upon that sort of thing.

The one time in my life that I've been dismissed (okay okay, FIRED, for crap's sake) was due to the fact that I frequently had to lug my kids along to work with me. Especially on weekends, when there was no daycare to be found.
My employees were great, extremely helpful...but my boss..well, he wasn't so okay with it. "A clear violation of company policy, Ms. G."

My son, being severely disabled, has a hard time with broken routines and strangers. So it was doubly hard on him to be carted off to Mommy's work for 12 or so hours.

Anyway.

I'm not trying to be a whiner...
But if you're out on the street and I approach you with my little tin cup saying, "Got any spare change, Mister/Miss?"
then please reach deep, deep into your pockets and help a poor girl out. :) Only try not to give me all pennies.

And to that end, I will be adding a (yes, I never thought I'd see the day) DONATION button to my sidebar this week, so if you have any wealthy, philanthropic friends who are looking for a (semi-good) cause, encourage them to come on by and give 'til it hurts.

Or maybe I'll win the lottery.

Hey, it could happen.



And now, just because I like to feel like a smarty-pants...





You Are Incredibly Logical





(You got 100% of the questions right)





Move over Spock - you're the new master of logic

You think rationally, clearly, and quickly.

A seasoned problem solver, your mind is like a computer!


No comments: