Thursday, March 17, 2005

Faith and begorrah!

but first...
Another round of THANK YOU to each and every one of you for your kind thoughts. I have a fabulous support network. :)


Now, as I'm extremely Irish meself, I shall now build us some pints of Guinness and sing "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling", followed by the classic "Danny Boy".
You may want to pick up a pair of earplugs from the bowl by the door.


I'm sad to say I've never been to kiss the Blarney Stone...although I did have a pet rock named Barney at one time and I kissed that. Perhaps that's why my face turns purple when I get angry.
And could be a contributing factor to the large yellow spots on my belly.


MY FAVORITE IRISH JOKE~~
Two Irish guys walk out of a bar...

...Don't LAUGH! It could happen!



Now, in honor of my ancestors, and St. Pat, I will now offer some of my favorite toasts, just for you.

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell for want of use.
May you be in heaven...a half hour before the devil knows you're dead.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the rains fall soft upon your fields,
And may God hold you in the palm of his hand,
Until we meet again.

Here is to the fools of the world...
without them, the rest of us could not succeed.

May the most you wish for be the least you get.

While we live, Let us live.

Here's to the men of all classes,
Who through lasses and glasses,
Will make themselves asses.

Here's to our wives and lovers,
May they never meet!

May you find the pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

Friendship is the wine of life,
Let's drink of it, and to it.

Here's to a friend,
He knows you well...
And likes you just the same!"


(and finally, one of me own)
When you fall into dung,
may you always come up with a four-leaf clover.

SLAINTE!

No comments: