Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Can you feel the love tonight?

*****Please go to THE KING OF BLOGS and vote for Janet atThe Art Of Getting By, one of my favorite people.
JUST DO IT.



I'd like to offer a giant Okieland THANK YOU for all the warm thoughts, best wishes, prayers, and hugs.

I appreciate each and every one of 'em...have I told you lately that I love you?

So Pops is doing pretty well...it seems that the blood was pooling a little bit in his heart instead of getting pumped through, causing an irregular heartbeat. The good news is, with proper diet and medication he should be just fine.

The diet part worries me a bit...he do love his ice cream before bed. ;)


from the Guilty Pleasures file...

I must confess...
I am a closet Buffy, The Vampire Slayer fan.
Ssshhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone. I can't afford for that information to leak out~~it could seriously damage my reputation.

In my defense, I never watched it whilst it was on prime-time.
No way, no how, huh-uh.
I sneered at the whole idea of vampire slaying as good entertainment, complete with an Elvis-type sneer and a supercilious lift of the eyebrow. Sarah Michelle Gellar...pah. *yaaaaaaawn*

One Sunday night, I was channel surfing~~there was nothing 'good' on. So I picked up a book and let the channel rest on a commercial.

Then Buffy appeared...and I discovered the miracle of Joss Whedon (who I had known only from Toy Story fame).
I actually laughed out loud several times during the show...that Xander! Funny guy.
Then Spike appeared...and I fell in lust. *sigh*
YUM.
Poor, misunderstood vampire/killer/bloodsucker...he just needed some love, I'm convinced.
I got some for him, if he ever comes my way.

So now every single Sunday night, you can find me curled up in my favorite chair, watching Buffy.
Stop laughing, you.

Now, tell me some of your guilty pleasures. 'Fess up now...I promise not to sneer.
But I might flare my nostrils a little bit.


from the "Who Gives A Shit" files...

I've got to stop eating jalapeños...bleurgh.

No comments: